Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-10, 07:15 PM   #1
Mofish
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lowrance HDS-5 or ELITE-5 SONAR/GPS

I ordered a new Lowrance Elite-5 Sonar/GPS for my boat about 3 weeks ago and have it installed. I have taken it out on the water about 4 times now and it seems to work really well. The graphics are better than anything I have owned in the past. I replaced a Humminbird 393c with this Lowrance unit and by far surpasses the color, clearity, definition and seperation of the Humminbird. I mounted the unit in-dash and when i'm up front I cant see the unit and have to look at my X-97 (grayscale) and again there is no comparison. My wife bass fishes with me all the time and said she would get me another unit for the front so im wondering if to send the elite-5 back and order 2 HDS-5 units in order to network the 2 units or is it worth the extra cash for the networking and the other bells and whistles that come along with the HDS-5. Any of you folks that have and use the HDS units, please chime in and help me out with this delima..
Mofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 10:17 PM   #2
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If it were me I would send back the Elite-5 and get the two HDS units and network them together. My tournament partner has two of the HDS-10's networked and with side scan and they are great! Sharing of the waypoints comes in very handy. I find myself always getting off the front deck to look at my GPS to see how close I am to the point.
I currently have an LMS-520 and I'm looking at getting and HDS unit for the bow and get them networked as well.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.