Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-09, 09:35 PM   #1
tnfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default ok i need help on this?

ok i went fishing today and the water temp is 54 and rising (it was this temp in the first week or two of apirl last year) and i caught some in shallow brush today,, theres a really bad shad kill off , really worse then normal,,, i heard they was catching bass off points but no luck with that ,,, do you all think they are going in to spawning mode now(last year they laid eggs on april 17) the blue gills are up now and ,,,, i tried every thing ,, i caught one on a swinbait ,one on a worm,and one on a shallow crank,,but nothing deep,,,,i tired everything so what should i do or try
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-09, 10:13 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

some are, some are about too. it is the same here pal. spinners, lizards, soft jerkbaits, seem to be time to use me thinks very soon grasshopper,lmao.seriously though, we are about to get a huge storm front coming as we type this, should be here around 2 am. then last through the weekend. next weekend should be awesum. i'll be in mississippiboys lake then though. YEA, wall hanger is a coming i hope. hahahaha.
Old 03-24-09, 11:04 PM   #3
tnfisherman

yea we got a storm coming in tonight too though saturday
Old 03-25-09, 03:19 AM   #4
Gbassman

Default a

do you have points in the main lake area? If so, Ive found that when they wont cooperate, try a 6 inch carolina rigged lizard, or use a 7.5 inch carolina rigged ribbontail worm. we have a lot of tourneys here on gville and sometimes that is the way we catch them during our club tourneys.
Old 03-25-09, 02:01 PM   #5
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

near us in SC the fish dont bed untill the water is about 60-64 .... might want to throw a jig near rock in about 8-10 ft of water... i caught a 6lber doin that in that water temp a month ago
Old 03-25-09, 07:27 PM   #6
abu4600

Sounds like you got a prespawn condition. I would fish shallow with reaction lures like spinnerbaits or rat-l-traps, if that didnt produce any females I would back off to the first deep water and slow down with jigs and t-rigged lizards to try to catch a female thats waiting for the water to warm. Here spawn usually starts around 63,64 degrees.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-09, 07:36 PM   #7
swimbaitkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
near us in SC the fish dont bed untill the water is about 60-64 .... might want to throw a jig near rock in about 8-10 ft of water... i caught a 6lber doin that in that water temp a month ago
His dad let him reel the fish in
swimbaitkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 08:55 AM   #8
tnfisherman

ok thanks i tried ralttle traps yes we have points and and a guy said they was catching them off points with sometype of crankbait but i had no luck,,,,in 58deg(in mornings) and water temp 62 in evenings they laid there eggs and went on nest last year,,the only i caught was little spotted bass and was fat

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.