Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-10, 07:35 AM   #1
pink112
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Jon Boat Trailer

Hi, i am new here and i have a question.
What size trailer is needed for a 14ft jon boat?

Reason i ask is because i currently own a 1962 LoneStar 14ft fiberglass outboard boat. But for some reason the boat doesnt look as near as big as the 14ft jon boat does.

Well i have ran across a good deal on a jon boat for only $250 with 10hp motor. I only want to buy the boat for the motor and well the boat doesnt have a trailer and i wanted to use the one holding my boat now but im afraid it wont fit. Im not sure how long my trailer is and besides i have a homeade one. Is it possible to let the jon boat hang off the trailer by maybe like 3-4 ft and just strap it down good and drive slow. I have no other trailer.

Any advice, i sure hate to let this deal out my hands.
pink112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-10, 09:37 AM   #2
Dave63
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I made my trailer for my 14 footer out of a motorcycle trailer, so yes, anything is possible. What are you concerned with, width or length?
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-10, 10:04 AM   #3
pink112
BassFishin.Com Member

Default lenth,width

well the triailer i have now isnt like a regular trailer, it is basically a regular flat trailer with wood on top and just the rollers it doesnt have anything to stablize the boat. Also i know the jon boats are very wide. I also dont have time as i have to get this boat today so with that being said my only option is to go pick up my trailer and head over there and see what happens if anything i might just have to pay him and tell him ill find a way to come back and get i Thanks for your time though.
pink112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.