Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-11, 08:11 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Pray for the team guys...

...cause we're gonna need divine internetion ifn we wanna win next Friday.

So here's the scoop.

The fair starts Wednesday, and it just so happens that half of our line are farmers. And of course they're showing cattle, working stands, selling crops, and stuff like that so they won't be able to make it to the game. That included BOTH out centers, the starting Guard, and tackle (O and D), and a line backer/defensive end. Those players also include deference cause we're a small school and have to play both ways. And obviously I'll be out, lol.

And to make things worse, out QB is out with a concussion, and one of our best players who can play anywhere (and do it good) is out with 3 broken ribs. So, we'll be playing with a mostly JV line, a JV line backer, and a back up QB. He started sophomore year so he ain't to bad, but he's a WR now, and a good one, so well be out a WR.

We're mostly a running team, and we'll be doing allot of passing, and trick plays. IF (a big if) the line can hold them back, we should be able to hold our own.. Otherwise it's looking pretty grim. I know if we've got confidence in ourself, and with God's help, we can pull it off.

If you guys got any ideas or strategies that ya think might help, feel free to say something and I'll pass em on to coach, I think he's pretty open to suggestion at this point.
Old 08-29-11, 10:00 PM   #2
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Back when the Tampa Bay Bucs were 0 and 20 something they were getting ready to play the Cowboys and Coach John McKay was asked how he was planning to beat an obviously superior team. He said that the only chance they had was to use the shotgun. As they exited the locker room. Good luck. It sounds like you'll be fighting an uphill battle.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 10:20 PM   #3
bamabassman

never have that attitude sam!!! com'on now man, YOU gotta cheer em on. help em out with oyur EYES, watch what the otehr team is doing and relay that to your team. i know it doesn't sound like i am right and maybe oyu won't win the game, but look.....you talk like that and oyu're sure to lose before oyu even start. look for a weakness, any weakness and exploit it. if it is helping to run to the weak side...run till the cows come home!! NEVER EVER ADMIT DEFEAT TILL THE FINAL HORN BLOWS SAM!!

think aobut what i am saying sam please. this is JUST like your givng up and your team hasn't even played the game yet. my senior year we went 2-8. 2 WINS ONLY!!! but NO ONE on our team went into a game thinking we were gonna lose. we played our hearts out. even if i was sidelined with a broken foot, i tried to help my teamates by telling them what the other team was doing as best i could. WATCH THEM and tell your team who is doing what and how to beat em.
Old 08-29-11, 10:33 PM   #4
keithdog

Johns right. Just remember, when the chips are down and all looks lost, thats when character shows. Thats when you dig deep and put your all on the field. And then you'll know you have done your best. It's like going into a battle. You may not know if your going to win, but you know your opponent is going to know he's been in a battle. Many battles have been won when it looked hopeless. Thats because for those men, the word hopeless was not in their dictionary!
Old 08-29-11, 10:34 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

The biggest thing to keep in mind is that turnovers kill teams. Turnovers will kill you guys if you have them and they will kill the other team if you force them. Your offense needs to focus on not putting the ball on the ground and your defense needs to come up with a few big turnovers. Since you guys like to run the ball use that as the foundation for a gameplan. Run the ball and eat up the clock. If you can move the chains and eat up the clock it will keep your defense off the field and they will be less jelly legged and in a better position to keep giving the offense the ball in good field position. Everybody likes passing the ball because it's more exciting but when your backs against the wall like yours is now winning sexy like isn't near as important as just winning and I say running the ball and chewing up the clock is your best bet.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 12:57 AM   #6
Bassboss

hmm.. didn't mean to make it sounds like I was down in the dumps about it. oh well, guess I did! lol

Any who. Thanks for the replies guys. John, I'll keep a sharp eye see ifn I can't pick something up. I'll pass the running thing onto coach.
Old 09-02-11, 09:05 PM   #7
Bassboss

Dang.

Lost 58 - 0 tonight. It was pretty much JV vs. Varsity though with a bunch of starters either gone, or injured. To bad they wouldn't schedule a fair game for tomorrow.

As expected, the line was our down fall, a sac what seems like every other play. Running wouldn't get us far, not enough time to pass... The whole game I think we got 3 first downs, and only made it past the 50 yrd line twice.

Oh well, we got a JV game gainst em tuesday.. time for revenge!
Old 09-03-11, 07:18 AM   #8
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Cool

58-0? OUCH! After taking serious advice ( see where that got ya), maybe John McKay had it right after all.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.