Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-08, 09:17 PM   #1
GreenF350
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Where to look for spinnerbait

I am looking for some spinner baits that have an eyelet/loop where the line attaches instead of the usual bend. Like the first picture in this thread.....

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=16002

I have been looking off and on for a bit, but hadn't thought to ask on here yet. Any particular places I might find some or a specific brand to look for? I would really like it to have the one piece skirts like the good Strike King ones also. Maybe I can't have my cake and eat it too, but I used a smaller spinner like that this weekend and really enjoyed not having wasted casts from the line sliding. (or snap swivel depending on what I was doing) Thanks.
-Aaron
GreenF350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-08, 09:20 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

never had my tie job ever slide.. nor do i use a swivel with a blade. as it defeats the reason ya tune the blade so it don't roll over like a dead duck comin thru the water.....

zooker
Old 06-30-08, 09:46 PM   #3
GreenF350
BassFishin.Com Member

Fair enough...I normally don't have trouble with my tie job. I know most people don't like the snap swivel use, but I get tired of cutting and tying all of the time until I figure out what is working that day. I wish I had a few more poles, but being a weekend fisherman, I don't just don't feel the need. I have heard of tuning spinner baits, but I have never had one that didn't run with the blades very close if not straight up. About the only thing I ROUTINELY tie on is worms and certain topwater baits.
-Aaron
GreenF350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-08, 10:11 PM   #4
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I rarely have problems with the knot moving on th espinnerbiats unless I'm fishing in cover or something that will move it, but it still very rarely happens.

BB
Old 06-30-08, 10:30 PM   #5
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yeah i got a spinner caught in a log last week damn near snapped my line getting it out when i got to look at the spinner the hook was stuck on one of the blades dang near bent it in half . not to worry it bent back good as new
Old 07-01-08, 07:39 AM   #6
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quick solution? Create your own eyelet. Here's how:

Cut a small piece, maybe 1/16 " long, from a piece of neoprene tubing; Your local model airplane shop has it, used for fuel line, and sold by the foot. Take a spinnerbait with you to assure buying the proper size. You want a snug fit.
Slip the little collar over the tie-on. It should stop at the bend in the upper arm of the wire without bending the arm down. Tie on as usual. The line will no longer slip up the arm.
But...some folks prefer the open wire so that the line cannot wrap around the tie-on, the knot simply rotating back into place if the lure tumbles in flight (assuming the line doesn't snag on the blades, but that can happen with OR without a closed "eyelet".)
The new spinnerbaits from KevKel come with this remedy already installed BTW.

Lancer6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 08:59 AM   #7
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Great tip lancer, and those spinnerbaits were pretty cool too.

BB
Old 07-01-08, 05:23 PM   #8
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

sweet tip lancer never would have thought of that

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.