Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Poll: Tracker Pro Team TX 170 or Lowe Stinger ST170
Poll Options
Tracker Pro Team TX 170 or Lowe Stinger ST170

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-09, 01:42 PM   #1
talex
BassFishin.Com Member

Hi all... my first post.
I have a problem I am hoping you guys experienced with bass boats can help me resolve. I purchased a 17' 2007 Fisher Avenger pro and it wound up being the wrong boat for me and the better 1/2 (was to deep for many of the spots we fish). We recently sold that boat and are looking at different ones. We have come down to 2 used boats. We are currently looking at a 2009 Lowe Stinger ST170 w/50HP 2 stroke on it and extended warranty for 10 years on the motor for $9800 with approx 10 hours on it. Which is a pretty good deal I think, but we also came across a 2007 Tracker Pro Team 170tx with a 25HP 4 stroke on it for $4800, the boat looks new and has been in the water once due to original buyers health, I heard it run with muffs and it started up just fine). I do not need super speed, just a good stable platform for still fishing in small to mid size lakes. The Stinger marketing make it sound very stable, but to look at both boats, they looks nearly identical other than the stinger seeming slightly larger for space on the inside. Both motors are same year as the boat, I do not think the Tracker has any warranty on the motor, both were full packages with trailer, lowe comes with a cover.

I cannot find any direct comparrison between the 2 and the price diff makes this a tough call for me which is why I am here.

If you vote please explain why... thanks.
talex is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.