Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-05, 09:45 PM   #1
Denny_ohio
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default alge city!!!!

Went to Middle Fork Reservoir in Indiana and got skunked!!!!!.First I noticed alge
all over this lake...everywhere.anyway I went into this cove there was a little ripple in the water from the wind and it was shaded back there so I statred throwing a buzzbait..it was overcast..no takers..clouds thined out and alittle brighter it became...still thin clouds..so I went to chartruse buzz..nothing started throwing watermelon seed fluke around over hangs nothing.I seen a scumline w/moss got out kermit...nothing.Got the pop-r and was casting along this weedline...nothing got out a spinnerbait white silver blades, casted a deep diving firetiger crankbait,and the grade shade culprit,and threw the albino fluke
and nothing.I had fun anyway wifey was with me.I was completly relaxed and focased.I tried my heart out.Watching those fishing shows and listening to Jb
helped alot.Donot panic,stay calm,stay focased and consentrate...my mind was
alot clearer..I really practiced that to day, and for that I had a great day My
buddy Jb wasnt with me,but next time.A guy from our work that fishes that lake
ALL the time was getting on the water the sametime I was and he never hooked up,so I felt alright about getting skunked
Good day all
Denny
Old 08-06-05, 09:47 PM   #2
Denny_ohio

Default ohh yeah

So between the alge,coldfront and 84 degree water temp....I tried
Denny
Old 08-06-05, 10:28 PM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Ya shoulda taken dynomite lmao

Ya saw Stitchy huh? LOL...comb over kid ..that one
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-05, 10:51 PM   #4
Denny_ohio

Default yea capt. combover

Ya he was there with Adam.Stitchy sure fishes his worm diff. He was poling up his rod from 9oclock to 12oclock every 2 seconds..strange????????yes.Captain
power worm is diiferent.......oh well Im drinking a Miller Lite so it GOOD TO GO you know that commecial?..it funny
denny
Old 08-07-05, 11:15 PM   #5
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Getting skunked is nothing to feel bad about, but we all do anyways LOL. It's been some tough fishing the last month or so with the heat we've had. I want last year back where it never got into the 90's all year. We had 2 weeks straight I think that it hit at least 90 degrees. The vegetation for some reason is very sparse and completely gone in several of the waters I have fished. Even my beloved coal pit vegetation is almost non-existent. I know you got practice, and I know you had fun. The only suggestion I would have made is SLOW DOWN, and DOWNSIZE. 4" worms, and very slow presentations have been the key for most of ths fish I have caught in the last month, with the exception of a Pond in Missouri. Try a weightless plastic, not a fluke with quick twitches, unless deadticking it. Topwater has been very inconsistant, not only for me but for most folks. If they don't hit topwater quickly, change over. They are deeper and closer to cover right now. So pinpoint placement, and a little depth will help some IMO.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.