Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-12, 06:52 PM   #1
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default New here...how goes it everyone

Thought I'd introduce myself, stumbled upon the forum while do some research on reels for crankbaits, looked around, read a lot and decided I liked what I saw within the forum.

Anyways a little about me: I grew up in SE Kansas, lived to fish (did it every chance I got and entered any tournament I could), competed in powerlifting, played softball and then left for the military. I've been in the Corps for 15 years now (counting down those last 5 so I can retire), a husband and father of 3. My oldest daughter loves to fish and is my fishing partner on the weekends and any chance we get to go. I grew up fishing in farm ponds, rivers, table rock lake and grand lake. When I'm not working or hanging out with the family or fishing I will jump on the motorcycle and go for a ride or head up to the mountains to do a little snowboarding. If I'm back home and the time is right I'm all about sitting in the trees and hoping for a shot on a turkey.

I currently live in SoCal and have for many years, I just got a taste of the big SoCal lakes last weekend during a tourny and can't wait to get out on some of these again and slay some more bass. My pride and joy of fishing right now is my Kistler rod with a curado on it for frogs and jigs granted I was highly disappointed when I seen the made in China sticker on it (my rod that is). Another story after I have a moment to talk with Trey Kistler as he didn't want to discuss it over email. I love it when bass bust top water baits. I don't own a boat, but will one day!

Some may notice the IH logo as my avatar pic, I drive and love IH Scouts too. Some say I have ADD, I just say I have a lot of interests...LOL.

Anyways, I look forward to meeting some of you all and learning what I can. Great site, keep up the good work and I hope y'all have a great and safe Memorial Day weekend!

Shane
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-12, 06:54 PM   #2
USMCbassman

Well on 2nd thought no avatar pic..hhhmmm, I uploaded one, oh well no big deal!
Old 05-28-12, 07:07 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

first of all, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

second, WELCOME TO THE SITE!!

thirdly, POST UP SOME PICS OF DEM HAWGS!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

and lastly, watch out fer dem fellers in viginny, mizzou, tenn, georgia, indy, penn, and jsut about everywhere else cept us "good ol boys from alabamy", BWAAHAHAHAHA!!! as oyu can tell we love to kid around. kick off yer shoes, loosen yer belt and don't have anything in yer mout when reding some of the stuff posted on here. it can and will ruin a computer. lol!!

give the picture of your avatar some time, it has to be approved before it gets posted.
Old 05-28-12, 07:07 PM   #4
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome Shane, you sound like you will be a great addition to the forum. Make yourself at home and feel free to jump in whenever you want. Glad to have you and thank you for your service!
Old 05-28-12, 07:27 PM   #5
woody

Welcome aboard, Shane.

Thanks for the great intro.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-12, 07:29 PM   #6
USMCbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
first of all, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

second, WELCOME TO THE SITE!!

thirdly, POST UP SOME PICS OF DEM HAWGS!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

and lastly, watch out fer dem fellers in viginny, mizzou, tenn, georgia, indy, penn, and jsut about everywhere else cept us "good ol boys from alabamy", BWAAHAHAHAHA!!! as oyu can tell we love to kid around. kick off yer shoes, loosen yer belt and don't have anything in yer mout when reding some of the stuff posted on here. it can and will ruin a computer. lol!!

give the picture of your avatar some time, it has to be approved before it gets posted.
My pleasure, I love what I do and the red, white and blue always gives me a cold chill in my spine whenever I see it flying high! I've got a couple of pics I'll put up. My daughter and I just got home from fishing and we caught a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Welcome Shane, you sound like you will be a great addition to the forum. Make yourself at home and feel free to jump in whenever you want. Glad to have you and thank you for your service!
Thank you and my pleasure...I'll be around
Old 05-28-12, 08:38 PM   #7
kennethdaysale

Welcome to the forums. It's a pleasure to see a new member introduce themselves in their first post rather than just puking up a question in 3rd grade english and 1st grade spelling.

We really enjoy pics, and some of us are curious about the whole Ca. big bass mystique.
Old 05-28-12, 09:12 PM   #8
bcklash

Shane, Thank You for your service to our country. and welcome to our house of nuts. Bunch of good guys on here, always willing to help and willing to learn.
Old 05-28-12, 11:17 PM   #9
carolina-rig-01

First of all Shane, thank you for your service and for keeping myself and my family free. Where in SE Kansas are you from? Welcome to the site, I look foward to having you as a member here.
Old 05-29-12, 12:43 AM   #10
joedog

Shane welcome to the site.
Thanks for the service!
Great intro and I look forward to learning from you. It will be neat to hear about shorebusting in Cally! The big waters are nice but shorebusting in California will be great to hear about.
First Cally shorebusting question, do they/you throw those huge plastics and swim baits from shore?
Old 05-29-12, 09:12 AM   #11
WatterBoy

Welcome to the site, Shane! Great to have you here and thanks for the great intro. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Dean
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 09:40 AM   #12
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Welcome to the place to be off the water. And thank you for you service!
Old 05-29-12, 04:48 PM   #13
Cavs1123

Welcome to the site Shane! Thanks for all of your service to our country. Cant wait to see some of those hawgs!
Old 05-29-12, 05:07 PM   #14
USMCbassman

Thank you everyone....there is another reply to this I posted just waiting on the admin folks to approve it. I posted a link to youtube in regards to Carolina's question...shoot, I might be breaking all kinds of rules and not aware of it, LOL! Better find the "hey new dude read this before posting, etc" thread!
Old 05-29-12, 07:54 PM   #15
nobass

welcome aborad thanks for your service. i am retired army so don't hold that against me. you will fine a great bunch of folks here. they will answer any question you have. and sometimes you may understand the answer.
Old 05-29-12, 08:52 PM   #16
Tavery5

Welcome, my family is from SE Kansas as well, Cherokee County, the old homestead is in a town called Faulkner, and still have a few realatives in Riverton. Thanks for you service, I am retired Air Force, and like nobass hope you wont hold that against me.

Welcome again, look forward to reading some of your thoughts.
Old 05-30-12, 04:05 PM   #17
USMCbassman

nobass and Tavery I definitely don't and won't hold that against you all...Thank you for your service. Every branch of service plays it own role in our Nations defense and we're all designed for specific purposes! I've worked with every branch of service in one capacity or another (including Coast Guard) and I respect everyone of them. You'll come to learn I'm not that hard headed Jarhead who bashes on other services or talks crap about them! I'll definitely poke fun everyonce and a while just as I'm sure/hope you all will. Every service has its own faults too, the Marines have done a damn good job of skylining us in the news (good and bad).

Tavery- I know where Cherokee county is, but I can honestly say I've never heard of either town, LOL! I did a lot of my running in Neosho, Wilson, and Allen County....
Old 05-30-12, 06:35 PM   #18
keithdog

Welcome aboard Shane. Glad to have you as a new member here in the forums. I very much appreciate what you do for us every day of the week. Hardy cyber handshake! Looking foreward to your involvment here with us in the forums. Make yourself at home. An uhhhh, pay no mind to that "good ole boy from Alabamy". hahaha John has this thing about Alabama and the Tide. We just smile and try to humor the old boy.
Old 05-30-12, 07:42 PM   #19
bamabassman

now see shane? i TOLD oyu thar wuz some folks here to watch out fer. now i hope oyu ain't got nuthin against the TIDE. hahahahaha!!! like i said in not so many words, give as good as oyu get around here. we ALL love to joke around. i dearly LOVE these guys like they wuz my own "found under the log" brothers (which most were,hehehe).

i keep looking here to see if the pics made it yet. kevin must still be REAL busy. but give it time, they'll get posted afore too long.....i hope.lol!
Old 05-30-12, 08:59 PM   #20
USMCbassman

Thank you Keith and a hardy cyber handshake back!

bama- I don't have anything against the Tide, however, I will proudly claim Kansas State and their winning of the 2012 FLW College National Bass Championship! I lived in Pascagoula, MS for about a year and a very good friend of mine was a huge tide fan. All I ever heard was, "ROOLLLL TIDE!" Another good friend of ours was an Auburn fan and I always seemed to the guy caught in the middle of all the cackling...in good fun that is!

Yeah, I haven't got around to posting any pics yet, however, everything else I'm waiting on admin to approve still hasn't been approved either. I'm assuming he's a busy person...I ain't worried about it though
Old 05-31-12, 08:49 AM   #21
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbassman View Post
I lived in Pascagoula, MS for about a year.
That's the best thing you've said so far. Just be prepared for ol' Bama to say something about that.

Welcome to the site. Hope you stick around a while.
Old 05-31-12, 02:02 PM   #22
USMCbassman

I miss it down there, especially the food. All the crawfish and fried shrimp po' boys. Out here a pound of cooked crawfish runs me right about 8 bucks, down there I was paying about 2.95 a lb and they seemed to be a good cure after long night at my favorite watering hole. Maybe it was the spice and me sweating while eating them...either way it seemed to do the trick The family and I are discussing retiring in Slidell, LA
Old 05-31-12, 02:08 PM   #23
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Greetings USMCbassman. Thank you for your service and welcome!

Pascagoula, they have a hell of a gator farm down there. Good time!
Old 05-31-12, 02:45 PM   #24
USMCbassman

Thank you and yes they do or did...I'm assuming it's still around. I lived right down the road from it, never went and visited though.
Old 05-31-12, 09:16 PM   #25
bamabassman

well seeing htat oyu are THINKING of retiring on the coast, ok. my wife is "born and raised" from mobile, al. we lived there for 17 yrs of our 23 yrs of blissfull marriage. slidell,la huh? well oyu can do better my friend. nothing against slidell cept it ain't close enough to the water ifn oyu love the food. pascaGOOOLAAAA,ms....lived ther fer a while as a kid. back then it stunk like dead rot mostly,lol. but now it is nice really.

i DO miss the food from the coast. probably the only thing i miss really. too many hurricans for me buddy. we got hit hard by IVAN. long story for another time.

and did i read right? KANSAS STATE? they got a football team? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! kidding bud.

you gonna fit in here jsut fine pal. everyone likes you already, well i do anyway. but don't let it go to yer head now. LOL!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.