Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-07, 09:30 AM   #1
Mattern Guide Servic
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Mattern Guide Service on Sam Rayburn

Mattern Guide Service on Sam Rayburn

Hello Everybody,

PSALM 119: Verses 57-58; Thou art my portion, O Lord: I have said that I would Keep thy Words. I intreated thy favor with my whole heart; be merciful unto me according to thy Word.

Well The Bass at Sam Rayburn are well pressured but can be found. About 20 Bass came to the boat up to 6 lbs. with several in the 4-5 lb. class. Bass were hitting wacky worms in 1-4 feet near grassy points and the bends on sides of the points. Also gulp turtleback worms in Black with red flake rigged Texas style.

We were using Nichols Salty Mother sinkers in Green Pumpkin Pepper on the wacky rigs. Call and tell Mr. Nichols Mattern Guide sent you at 903-589-8100.

Also Bass were holding off the bank in Hydrilla in about 6-8 feet also. Light weight Carolina rigged plastics in Watermelon Red caught the Big Bass.

Water was stained and water temps weree from 63-70.

LAKE PALESTINE; Bass fishing was Fair but with some really nice Bass comming to the boat up to about 4.5 lbs. Bass were caught on Nichols spinnerbaits in white/chartruse combos. Fished in about 2-4 feet. Water temps were at 58-63. These 80 degree days should make all the difference. The Hager Brothers Fritz & Scott and son Henry fished hard for about 15 Bass with 8 keepers being caught up to about 4.5 lbs.

Call me for a Guide Trip and I will do my best to put you on them. Lake Palestine or Big Sam Rayburn. Call at 903-478-2633 or 903-724-0961. If busy leave a message because I live on the water and I will get back to you.

Remember Jesus loves you and the devil is a liar.

My Sponsors: Nichols Lures: 903-589-8100
Friendly Custom Rods- 903-574-5115
Phantom Tackle- Phantomtackle.com
Date Added: 2007-04-19Type of Fishing: CastingCharter Service Name: Mattern Guide ServiceEmail Guide or Angler: donmat@earthlink.netCaptains Name: Don Mattern Sr.Region You Fish: TexasBiz Phone: 903-478-2633
Mattern Guide Servic is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.