Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-06, 07:06 AM   #26
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I've been trying to, from the get-go, and I think that he has recieved alot of great info, experience and input, til we went off track.
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-06, 01:49 PM   #27
damian2b
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hi everyone...sorry for the delayed response (stupid work). Im in MD and fish loch raven which does not allow gas boats. It does allow kayaks, canoes and eletric boats. You can rent boats there for between 25 and 50 bones a day!!! Plus on the weekends the good ones go quick. I wanted something that I could transport easliy whenever I decided I wanted to fish. I figure with a Kayak I can strap it to the roof of my jeep n off I go. I am looking at the open top ones and will start to budget out for one with the fishing bells and whistles. I appreciate all the info everyone has provided. If I ever meet up with any of you guys/girls there's a cold one in my cooler with your name on it (provided your old enough of course). Thanks again!
Old 01-18-07, 10:29 PM   #28
bassendave
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via MSN to bassendave

i fish from a kayak also and i love it i can sneak up on the fish
Old 01-19-07, 05:54 PM   #29
Mac1

Default kayak

Check out www.kayakfishingstuff.com and kindly do a lot of reading on that site. Most of them are fishing saltwater and use sit on top kayaks for that purpose, but you can still get a lot of valuable tips.

Personally, I use a Perception Sundance sit in type kayak with a fishfinder....easy to paddle, nice glide and stealthy as all get out.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-07, 07:28 PM   #30
adamgambill

Might also try texaskayakfisherman.com. Its mainly salt water related but should give you good results. They have calssifieds and lots of guys on there go ofshore (2mi.), plenty of experiance for the walk in thepark youre describing. Wait til you get a 46" bull red on dragging you around the bay.
Old 01-20-07, 12:11 AM   #31
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

I use my dads friends yak for offshore fishing, at the rigs close to shore for king and cobia. also for tarpon in summer. Really fun and good to sneak up on.
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 01:34 PM   #32
Jay413
BassFishin.Com Member

I fished out of a Kayak for two seasons so far and love it. I also have a jon boat for bigger bodies of water. Kayaks cover a huge amount of water with minimal effort! There a super stealth in a smaller pond and can go in inches of water if needed. There has been some good advice in this forum about sit on top styles. That is what I have. I bought one from Dick's for about $270, but you do get what you pay for. It is a Pelican, wich most people know is a cheaper brand. I doesn't track for crap, so almost every paddle I am adjusting my direction. It is super stable though. I am able to stand on it. Fishing is a breeze in it also. I would only reccommend spending the money on a decent one, like an Ocean kayak. It will track straight, and they are quality built to last for a very long time.
Jay413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 09:03 PM   #33
bassinbob

I don't want to steal the thread but what about those single man pontoons or tube boats? Are they hard to get into without getting into the water? The reason I ask is because of only deep water access.

Bob
Old 01-21-07, 09:15 PM   #34
JRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
Check out www.kayakfishingstuff.com and kindly do a lot of reading on that site.
Thanks for the link. It helped me out big time.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.