Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-10, 04:00 PM   #1
brusk
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 1989 Evinrude xp 150 low end power sucks

Took the boat out last week and realized that full I floor it from a stand still it seems to have no guts. Granted it hasn't been really ran in a few years I had the fuel tanks and lines cleaned out so the fuel is good. First time i tried it got almost to plane and took awhile to really get up. Once on plane and it could rev up it went fast. I ran it hard for awhile and seemed to improve but if you wanted to take off quick right now I don't think it could. Any thoughts. I was going to go out today and buy new plugs and maybe pull the carbs off and spray them down good. A neighbor mentions seafoam in the gas but doubt it would make that much of a difference.
brusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-10, 05:34 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

the late 80's and early 90's rudes tend to vapor lock if idled a long time. if you fire it up and it idles more than 3 mintues it'll vappor lock..as far as i know there is no cure..

seafoam in the gas i recomend.

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.