Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-07, 12:41 AM   #1
crxcrxcrx
BassFishin.Com Member

Unhappy Wondering... Night Pond Fishing Tips

hey i was wondering i was at work 2day and this man i was talking 2 told me that the buissness office near my ouse has a pond with bass in it he told me to only go at night any ideas on what to use to catch and how to spot them if there there
crxcrxcrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 02:05 AM   #2
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcrxcrx View Post
hey i was wondering i was at work 2day and this man i was talking 2 told me that the buissness office near my ouse has a pond with bass in it he told me to only go at night any ideas on what to use to catch and how to spot them if there there
Caution! "This man" might NOT have told you that the pond is NOT open to fishing except, perhaps, to the owners, employees, or guests of that firm.
That may explain the "only go at night".
You could be charged with trespassing.
If, on the other hand, you gain permission to fish there, and "only at night", then the task may be relatively easy.
Wait until full dark then throw a black topwater lure, a black Jitterbug in the standard size is usually a good bet. If that doesn't attract bites, the switch to a black 1/2-5/8 oz spinnerbait, single Colorado blade in Chrome, Black, or Red. Fish it slowly...SLOWLY.
If THAT doesn't do the trick, rig a 5" Blue/Black Swirl Tiki Stik or Black Senko, T-rigged, no weight, on a 3/0 Extra Wide Gap hook. Toss it out and let it sink to the bottom. If no hits on the initial fall, SLOWLY work it back...SLOWWWWWLEEEEEEE...trying a steady crawl, then a SLOW rise and fall retrieve.
IF the pond is illuminated to any degree by "street" lamps or lights from nearby buildings, try white spinnerbaits instead of black, maybe a frog pattern or white coachdog pattern Jitterbug, and a Watermelon/Chartreuse Swirl OR Baby Bass 5" Tiki Stik.
If THAT doesn't work, stow tackle in vehicle, hit the drive-through at El Taco Ethiopia, pick up a six-pack, and go the Hell home.
Remember my warning re the legalities.

Good luck, and be safe.

FlyRod
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 02:06 AM   #3
FlyRod

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, OK, but *******************************, or, better yet, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

FlyRod
Old 05-24-07, 04:22 PM   #4
crxcrxcrx
BassFishin.Com Member

lmao thanks any ideas how to spot if there is really bass there
crxcrxcrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-07, 09:11 AM   #5
FlyRod

Quote:
lmao thanks any ideas how to spot if there is really bass there

Re-read my first response. Repeat as necessary.
In other words; You won't know until you try.

FR

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.