Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-07, 04:28 AM   #1
WallStreetAmigo
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Big Bass (well, big for around here anyway)

A couple of bass I caught the other day. That one is pretty big for around here, and in two days several people have asked me how I caught such a big bass (not sure how they knew.....I guess my neighbour told them). Anyway, thanks to everyone on here for all the advice over the past several months. Without it, I would not be standing there holding those fish, I would be breaking my rod in half in frustration and taking up tiddlywinks by now! Okay, maybe not tiddlywinks, but maybe poker or something.

Of all the sites I have checked out on the internet, this is the one I keep coming back to because the advice is good, and the patience for newbies and our repetitive questions is quite unheard of on other sites. Give yourselves a pat on the back for being a big part in introducing one more person to the great sport of bass fishing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BigBass.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	394.6 KB
ID:	1683  
WallStreetAmigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 04:44 AM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ask decent questions get decent answers..

there is such a thing as a dumb question many of us just wont answer it..

zooker
Old 05-29-07, 07:38 AM   #3
JB

nice catch! what did ya do with the bass after the pics
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 11:59 AM   #4
WallStreetAmigo

The smaller one I gave to my neighbor and his wife for dinner, as he is an old fisherman who can't fish anymore, and they love bass. The bigger one is safe and sound back in the lily pads, waiting for me to catch her again!
Old 05-29-07, 12:17 PM   #5
JB

good deal! its nice to treat older ppl to things they cant get out and do anymore, we give mushrooms to ppl and also many garden items, its rewarding
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 01:22 PM   #6
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nice Fish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
we give mushrooms to ppl
A DEA agent will be stopping by later jb.....

Last edited by flbassman; 05-29-07 at 04:21 PM.
flbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 03:13 PM   #7
Rosemeyer
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via MSN to Rosemeyer Send a message via Yahoo to Rosemeyer

Yah had me a little worried haha I remembered in your other post you said you dont have a boat so that sorda eliminated the chance of a live well I am glad the bigger one got back safe and sound makes me sleep a little better haha
Rosemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 03:40 PM   #8
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Those are some nice fish.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 05:02 PM   #9
WallStreetAmigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemeyer View Post
Yah had me a little worried haha I remembered in your other post you said you dont have a boat so that sorda eliminated the chance of a live well I am glad the bigger one got back safe and sound makes me sleep a little better haha
I freaked out when I caught the bigger one because I was by myself and have zero ability taking pictures of fish when I'm alone. My first thought was that I would have to put my trophy fish back without any evidence, because I wanted to make sure she lived. It's a good thing an older gentleman was out in his yard across the road doing some yardwork. I yelled over to him to ask if he could snap a quick picture, and he said okay. I put the big fish in my old cooler filled with water from the lake (not a real livewell, but wanted to make sure she didn't suffocate), and ran across the road where he snapped a couple of pics, then I ran back and put her back in the water. She revived really quickly and swam away.

It's sad what some people up here do to bass......bass fishing isn't nearly as popular in canada as it is down in the states. The same day I caught my fish, I found a three pound female thrown like garbage into a bush along the bank. Really sad, but some trout fishermen up here hate bass. Me, I like all fish and want to make sure my kids enjoy a healthy sportfishing lifestyle when they are my age.
Old 05-31-07, 02:06 AM   #10
WallStreetAmigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
good deal! its nice to treat older ppl to things they cant get out and do anymore, we give mushrooms to ppl and also many garden items, its rewarding
It's really a two way street and we are fortunate to have them as neighbors. They let me use their truck and trailer to haul my wife's yard clippings, etc away (her passion is gardening, mine is fishing - now if only I could get her interested in identifying underwater plant life........I could fish every day!)

They also let my kids wander over and play with their puppies anytime they want. I guess we are what you could call old-fashioned neighbors. I know that they truly appreciated the bass I gave them the other day, which is enough of a reward for me. Not to mention he is a fountain of knowledge about many of the lakes around here, and loves to sit and gab with me about everything to do with fishing.

He's forgotten more than I'd ever know in two lifetimes of fishing, and he loves to pass that knowledge along. Me, I just like to hear him talk about fishing because it is so obvious how much he loves it (even though he can't get out to do it anymore).

Last edited by WallStreetAmigo; 05-31-07 at 03:16 AM.
Old 05-31-07, 03:05 AM   #11
WallStreetAmigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
ask decent questions get decent answers..

there is such a thing as a dumb question many of us just wont answer it..

zooker
This is a relief because I have noticed that you are usually one who answers my questions (usually in a very detailed, informative manner, much like a few others on here). Your statement above gives me hope that I do not generally ask dumb questions.....I hope it's not false hope.....lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.