Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-07, 12:46 AM   #1
conan1
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Barren River Lake in Ky

Anyone fish at Barren River in the fall. Its a 10000 acre lake just north of Scottsville, Ky. Need some tips on what to use and where the best places to go are.
Thanks
Ed
conan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-07, 07:30 PM   #2
mkmsports41
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mkmsports41
Default Barren River

I havent fished Barren since early August. But I did fish all Spring and Summer. Several Club Tournaments and Tuesday Night Tournaments. Fishing has been really tough for me this year at Barren. The drought and lack of oxygen have made patters difficult. When do you plan on going? For me Barren is a Jig Lake and a shacky head lake. Generally the mouths of Creeks are good in the fall. Just depending if the fish have allready came shallow and are heading back for their winter retreats. They usually dont start dropping the lake untill Oct 15 but I hear they are already pulling it down due to the river being really low. So if you plan on going Oct. Nov. be really carefull. The creeks can be dangerous. But last fall I had decent luck Starting at the Mouth of Skaggs Creek (straight across Baileys Point) and working the bluff walls, fishing the timber tight and fishing the mouths of large coves and creeks all the way up past The Narrows Boat Ramp. Also hear some people are catching fish in the grass with Spinner Baits right now. Hope it helps, I have kinda gave up on that lake at this point.
mkmsports41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-07, 02:12 PM   #3
conan1
BassFishin.Com Member

I was up there on 9-21. Fished at the entrance of the Narrows. Went down to Walnut Creek. Fish jumping all over at the shad but no bites. Wife caught a little bluegill. Hope it'll get better when the water turns over. Supposed to be some good bass in the fall up Skaggs Creek????? I'm using #5 Shad rap, T rig worms mostly. Just relearning how to fish again after 20 + yrs and having fun running my boat.
conan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.