Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-09, 05:00 PM   #26
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Cass.....buddy IF I drew him as a partner in the next tourny. I would still have 1 "special"setup for his "tactics". And let him know it too. He would be looking over his shoulder the whole tourny.
Old 10-03-09, 10:38 PM   #27
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

front ending is going to happen. you have got to just be the better man about it. put your bait in places the other guy cant and it wont matter how hard he fishes stuff before he lets you throw at it. jus keep your chin up and be glad you caught the few you did catch.
Old 10-03-09, 11:39 PM   #28
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
Everyone is going to have bad experiences if they fish from the back of the boat. Sorry, that is how it works out, and that is what you call 'front ending" someone, it happens. Be glad you caught a fish and didnt get stuck with a guy who has issues finding fish, postioning the boat, and listening to what you say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin spro View Post
front ending is going to happen. you have got to just be the better man about it. put your bait in places the other guy cant and it wont matter how hard he fishes stuff before he lets you throw at it. jus keep your chin up and be glad you caught the few you did catch.
Bassboss, Cav123, and all the other young tournment hopefuls, I hope you read what these 2 guys said and take it has not being accecptable.
They are wrong!!
Old 10-17-09, 10:15 PM   #29
bigjim5589
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Those 3 years I spent as an instructor for hand-to-hand combat might give me a slight advantage in most situations.
Big doesn't necessarily matter.

I've never been in this situation while fishing. The only tournaments I've ever been in were kick boxing tournaments when I was younger.

Quote:
I think I'd time that little hop of mine just right to throw him in the drink.
cass, I am a bit bigger than you, 6'4" 220 lbs, and my hop could easily rock the boat.

In the places I fish, I think I would have had to calmly mention to him that accidents sometimes happen on the water, and out there, it could take weeks before a man's body might be found!

Timely words can often have a big impact on another man's attitude!
bigjim5589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 10:30 AM   #30
aikenyounggun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Bassboss, Cav123, and all the other young tournment hopefuls, I hope you read what these 2 guys said and take it has not being accecptable.
They are wrong!!
No, you are going to have bad experiences, you cant go punching the guy in the front of the boat or cussing him out, thats not what you do. Im sure your club would be very unhappy with this behavior.
Old 10-18-09, 11:05 AM   #31
Wishing2BFishing

Participating as a rider is generally more difficult because you do not get first shot at the "spots". However, I have found that you can still put fish in the livewell if you adopt a different fishing tactic. When the boater throws plastics, you should throw crankbaits. You will cover more area quicker than your boater and perhaps get a good reaction bite. If your boater throws crankbaits, select some type of soft plastic and pick apart the locations that your boater has already fished.

I have outfished boater on several occasions by applying this technique, especially when I am throwing crankbaits.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 11:53 AM   #32
fishin spro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
They are wrong!!
We are wrong for not wanting to start a fight over getting front ended? You aren't real smart are you? If you make a big scene over being front ended, you are going to get a bad name in your club. The boater pays for the boat, you are a guest in his boat, you don't act like a dang fool when you are a guest in another persons house do you? so why act like that when being a guest in his boat?

Fishing ith someone that front ends you, just makes you that much more grateful for the ones that leave you some structure, or let you have some time on the front of the boat.
Old 10-18-09, 01:08 PM   #33
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
you don't act like a dang fool when you are a guest in another persons house do you?
Spro, I see your point, but just disagree with you on your analogy here.

If I were staying at someone's house, and they served dinner, and then gave me a plate of dogfood...I'm not gonna just eat it since I'm a guest and he paid for it. That is the proper analogy. I believe in good sportsmanship. Somewhere along the line, the concept has has died for most people. Personally, I wouldn't stay part of a club that had a problem with me complaining about being front-ended, but no problem with front-ending someone.
Old 10-18-09, 03:10 PM   #34
BassinBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
We are wrong for not wanting to start a fight over getting front ended? You aren't real smart are you? If you make a big scene over being front ended, you are going to get a bad name in your club. The boater pays for the boat, you are a guest in his boat, you don't act like a dang fool when you are a guest in another persons house do you? so why act like that when being a guest in his boat?

Fishing ith someone that front ends you, just makes you that much more grateful for the ones that leave you some structure, or let you have some time on the front of the boat.

Maybe your the one who isnt real smart. He has never said a thing about punching or cussing someone. All he said was that is wrong and IT IS. Know if it were me I would say something and not give a S*** what my club thinks. Most memebers of my club would agree with me. There is a certain amount of respect that is owed both ways no matter what.

Quote:
No, you are going to have bad experiences, you cant go punching the guy in the front of the boat or cussing him out, thats not what you do. Im sure your club would be very unhappy with this behavior.
Our clubs prevent stuff like this from happening anyways because we have rules that if you are fishing against each other in the boat then each person is required to have at least 4 hours in the front of the boat. Personally I think if you think that front ending someone isnt okay I really feel sorry for this sport going forward. This is one of the reason I dont like fishing tournaments because of people like you two that think this is okay. Its sad and pathetic.
Old 10-18-09, 04:15 PM   #35
aikenyounggun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinBandit View Post
Our clubs prevent stuff like this from happening anyways because we have rules that if you are fishing against each other in the boat then each person is required to have at least 4 hours in the front of the boat. Personally I think if you think that front ending someone isnt okay I really feel sorry for this sport going forward. This is one of the reason I dont like fishing tournaments because of people like you two that think this is okay. Its sad and pathetic.
Im not saying its ok, its happened to me, and you know what, it sucks, it really does suck. BUT we cant go tellin people that aspire to fish tournaments that it is ok to go punch the person in the face if they front end you. If you fish a BFL or a higher league as a co-angler you are goin to get front ended at least a little. You know why? Cause they found them fish and they want to save em so they can get a check. ADAPT your fishing and dont blow a fuse on the guy.

And yes most clubs have rules or a ethics code so this doesnt happen, and if not, ask or talk nicely to them about what they are doing to you.
Old 10-18-09, 05:42 PM   #36
BassinBandit

Quote:
Im not saying its ok, its happened to me, and you know what, it sucks, it really does suck. BUT we cant go tellin people that aspire to fish tournaments that it is ok to go punch the person in the face if they front end you. If you fish a BFL or a higher league as a co-angler you are goin to get front ended at least a little. You know why? Cause they found them fish and they want to save em so they can get a check. ADAPT your fishing and dont blow a fuse on the guy.

And yes most clubs have rules or a ethics code so this doesnt happen, and if not, ask or talk nicely to them about what they are doing to you.

Here is the problem through. They may front end them. This guys was backing the boat into an area where he couldnt fish. That is wrong. Thats why words should be said. Im with no Fear on this one, if the club has a problem with me saying something its not a club I want to be in. I would say something to anyone that done that to me. It wouldn't matter if it was joe blow or a big dog in B.A.S.S. or FLW. My question to yall is would you do that to someone?
Old 10-18-09, 06:39 PM   #37
fishin spro

So you agree with the ones that are saying you should hit the guy in the back of the head with a "stray cast" instead of just over looking it? I fish as a Non-Boater in 90% of the tourneys I fish, and get front ended every now and then, instead of sitting on the back of the boat and pouting, I try to adapt and catch fish behind the guy. And to answer your quistion, no, i wouldnt do that to someone.

I have people fish out of my boat with me all the time, and if someone were to hit me with a stray cast on purpose, they would be finding another ride back to the landing. So go right ahead and keep having that attitude and see where it gets you.
Old 10-18-09, 09:01 PM   #38
BassinBandit

I fish out of the back of the boat as well. I will not allow for someone to front end me but this guy was intentionally backing up into a spot where he couldn't fish at all. This is something should not be tolerated. If people started standing up about it, it would happen less and less.
Old 10-18-09, 09:15 PM   #39
fishin spro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinBandit View Post
I fish out of the back of the boat as well. I will not allow for someone to front end me but this guy was intentionally backing up into a spot where he couldn't fish at all. This is something should not be tolerated. If people started standing up about it, it would happen less and less.
You wont ALLOW it? You are fishing in someone else's boat, and you tell them what they can and cant do? Even though I would never front end anyone on PURPOSE, you would not get in my boat, with that kind of arrogant attitude.
Old 10-18-09, 09:22 PM   #40
BassinBandit

I guess I am arrogant then but people would stop it if you stand up against it. You may not like that fact but its the truth. This is the main reason I dont tournament fish that much anymore is because of these things. Why cant everyone have a little more respect for everyone fishing. Why dont you truly allow the person to fish and allow your talent to beat them not your control of the boat but hey maybe the person front ending cant so..... You can disagree with me all you want, thats your right and you are welcome to your opinion. I dont agree with it but thats fine. I dont see any use in arguing about this anymore because we are not gonna get anywhere so I will live it be with this and let you go with what you want to.
Old 10-19-09, 09:00 PM   #41
aikenyounggun

Heres my problem: if you a fishing with a guy tryin to check in a BFL (ect) or tryin to get an invitation to the BASS or FLW and he found a small school of large fish he has the right to catch his solid limit, then let you catch fish. As a non-boater you are supossed to fish differently and catch fish. I fish out of the back of the boat every tournament and i catch fish, heck i won the club last year fishin out of the back (never really got front ended tho).... But you have to adapt and you cant think that they owe you somethin cause you are fishin with them.

BUT if it is your local club this shouldnt be happening because its just a bunch of guys trying to come together and have fun and fish....
Old 10-23-09, 07:24 PM   #42
Captmikestarrett

I would have laughed it up from his comment and then pissed in his seat..

I have been DQed before for that..

Twice in fact..

It was worth it..I love the last laugh,,

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.