Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-09, 11:46 AM   #1
BASSINPHOENIX
BassFishin.Com Member

Default all aboard!!!

do you guys ever fell off the boat while fishing and how it did happen? i was fishing with a friend and he decided to take a leak and i guess he step on the fiberglass and all of a sudden i heard this big splash at the back of the boat and i was laughing so hard that i cant even stand up and this is night fishing.please tell us your story.
BASSINPHOENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-09, 06:40 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

which one?? i have been prematurly ejected twice by others and once by my self..

zooker
Old 09-20-09, 10:35 PM   #3
bamabassman

hahaha zooker. then there is woody of course.

and NO i haven't fallen out......................yet.
Old 09-20-09, 10:43 PM   #4
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i havent fallen out yet. i have been about to jump out once at lake wateree when it got hot, and fell out a little before planned. lol

have came close to falling out several times...give me some time though...as clumsy as i am it will happen soon.
Old 09-21-09, 12:10 PM   #5
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Im like a fat ninja on the boat....i always recover my balance after a few close calls.
Old 09-21-09, 02:01 PM   #6
doc

I took a dive last year, was stretching out on the back of the boat for a loooong flip, when my driver decided to run into a stump and come to a full stop. The end result was me taking a swim. I did good tho like a sniper with his gun, I never let go of my rod and the reel never went completely underwater.

I'm still looking to pay Lowrider back at the first chance I get.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-09, 02:58 PM   #7
nofearengineer

I took the Nestea Plunge earlier this year fishing with CMorg. It was kind of funny now, looking back on it. Mid air, I managed to throw my rod and reel back into the boat. Women and children, and Abu-Garcias first. A guy's gotta have priorities.
Old 09-21-09, 03:11 PM   #8
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I took the Nestea Plunge earlier this year fishing with CMorg. It was kind of funny now, looking back on it. Mid air, I managed to throw my rod and reel back into the boat. Women and children, and Abu-Garcias first. A guy's gotta have priorities.
so you named your rod ''women and children?''
Old 09-21-09, 03:43 PM   #9
Captmikestarrett

Nope never fell out of a boat. Only two have fell out on boat.

Had it happened twice on the same charter by a couple of Branywine River canoe guides.. One did the dock spiltz and the other split the rail with his privates and rolled out of the boat. I guess canoe guides are not used to standing up.

Capt Mike
Old 09-21-09, 04:03 PM   #10
3dkicker

I took a dive down on SML years ago. Stepped off the boat onto a floating dock and got caught between the two. Down I went with three fishing rods, not mine, from the front deck. Since they ran $250 each I decided to head to the car and pull out a pair of goggles from the trunk (I was coaching swimming at the time). When I got back to the dock one of my friends had snagged one of the rods. Jumped in, swam down 10-12', and grabbed the other two. That's the only time I've fallen in.....the others I decided to jump in on purpose.
Old 09-21-09, 04:05 PM   #11
zooker

i was yanked in while tring to PULL start a 235 rude once. it fired, kicked back on a half a pull, old zookie took a flyin header off the transome..umm i was several miles off the bank.. in a couple hundred feet of water..

shag nasty-old friend- jumped from one side to the other in the back of my boat me i ended up splitin the boys wid da gunnel and slowly rollin over-in painful convulstions-into the water.

the time i did it my self i hit a stump that i fished over at high tide but NAILED at low tide..don't ya hate that when it happens..

zooker
Old 09-21-09, 04:41 PM   #12
1/4 stick

Never fell out the boat. But I have stepped on a slick spot and taken a slide down the bank into the water a few times.
Old 09-22-09, 12:20 PM   #13
dave
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Set the hook in a jon boat once while sitting not facing forward or back. Did a back flip over the side just like I was scuba diving off a boat.

Last edited by dave; 09-22-09 at 12:28 PM.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 06:55 PM   #14
keithdog

Never fell off a boat, but took a step backwards and off the dock at a fishing resort in Minnesota once. I landed right square into the large minnow bait box thats attached to the side of the pier. Fell in so wedged people had to pull me out. Could hardly show my face the rest of the trip, lol.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 10:03 PM   #15
RandyHolt
BassFishin.Com Member

Default All Off Board

Just about did a backflip off the side a few weeks ago. We went nose to the dock to pick up a late arrival and he was handing me his gear and I was blindly throwing it behind me. I backpedalled to make room for him coming on board and of course tripped over his box and cooler I foolishly placed behind me. I ended up with the back of my head on the side of the boat.
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 10:29 PM   #16
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Never fell off a boat, but took a step backwards and off the dock at a fishing resort in Minnesota once. I landed right square into the large minnow bait box thats attached to the side of the pier. Fell in so wedged people had to pull me out. Could hardly show my face the rest of the trip, lol.
I fell off a dock once...a loading dock LOL. I was just a kid, and not paying attention. I was painting a huge sign (an 8' x 2' long plywood arrow) for our business. I had it laid out flat with just a bit of it hanging over the edge of the dock. Man, I stepped on that little bit, and flipped the sign over on top of me after the 4 foot drop onto my butt. Man, that was embarassing....and painful. I think my stepdad would have kicked my arse if it wasn't already damned near broken haha.
Old 09-23-09, 06:52 PM   #17
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Fell out of a canoe while fishing as a kid.
Almost fell out of my boat a couple weeks ago. There was a pretty steady breeze that was slowly blowing me across the water along the edge of the lily pads, so I went with it.
I was so busy casting that I didn't see the submerged log I was drifting towards. My boat caught it broadside and came to a sudden stop. I didn't! But I was able to catch myself before going in the drink
Old 09-23-09, 07:35 PM   #18
woody

It all happened so fast and before I knew it I was in over my head, thinking -man this is no joke-, I just fell out of my boat!

While pitching a jig from the front of my boat, amongst some heavy cover(stumps, stick ups), I noticed that my boat was about to hit a stump. Well, I thought that I could push off the stump with my right foot, MAN WAS I EVER WRONG! As soon as my weight shifted to the stump, that was now crumbling away, I was drinking water quicker than you can say "Woody You Big Dummy!".

A moment that I will never forget.

Here's JB's tribute to my misfortune.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-09, 07:41 PM   #19
JB

lol and theres more to come.....
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-09, 09:04 PM   #20
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
lol and theres more to come.....
I hope your referring to funny pictures, not misfortunes.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-09, 09:27 PM   #21
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post

~Mark
He's guaranteeing funny pictures, keeping his fingers crossed for more misfortunes. He's a mean mistreater.....
Old 09-24-09, 12:27 AM   #22
bcklash

I have never fell in, but BassinBandit and my nephew went swimming at the same time, in March about 10 years ago, 30 degrees outside, wind blowing 30mph. I eased the boat up to the ladder and remember the wind is blowing. We told my nephew to sit still, bandit grabs the ladder and gets 1 foot on the ladder, well about that time my nephew panicked and reached over and grabbed a dock pole and his feet just started pushing the boat away from the ladder and dock. There they both were stretching farther and farther and then splash-splash they both hit the water. On the way home I just had to pull over and start laughing.

BWWWAAAAAAA
Old 09-24-09, 12:54 AM   #23
cassidyta

I have flipped a canoe. I guess that counts as falling out of a boat.
Old 09-25-09, 01:00 AM   #24
BassinBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
and NO i haven't fallen out......................yet.
Now thats just asking for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
Im like a fat ninja on the boat....i always recover my balance after a few close calls.
I played my part as the fat ninja in Kentucky.....well I am sure the BPS extreme rod I landed on (and broke ) would disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I have never fell in, but BassinBandit and my nephew went swimming at the same time, in March about 10 years ago, 30 degrees outside, wind blowing 30mph. I eased the boat up to the ladder and remember the wind is blowing. We told my nephew to sit still, bandit grabs the ladder and gets 1 foot on the ladder, well about that time my nephew panicked and reached over and grabbed a dock pole and his feet just started pushing the boat away from the ladder and dock. There they both were stretching farther and farther and then splash-splash they both hit the water. On the way home I just had to pull over and start laughing.

BWWWAAAAAAA
I thought that was just between us three. Never to be told again???
Old 09-26-09, 10:55 PM   #25
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post

~Mark
I think he's definitely referring to misfortunes, like someone taking another guy's bedding home with him from the Patoka outing.

I knew there was something up when I caught JB trying to spoon with me last night. I bet he's gonna sleep with my blanket now as a remembrance.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.