Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-09, 02:08 AM   #26
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

thought something felt kind of funny LOL
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 02:19 AM   #27
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I think he's definitely referring to misfortunes, like someone taking another guy's bedding home with him from the Patoka outing.

I knew there was something up when I caught JB trying to spoon with me last night. I bet he's gonna sleep with my blanket now as a remembrance.
Ya'll going to jail, cause I know Woody and Denny are paying to watch.
Old 09-27-09, 09:47 PM   #28
BeaverIslander
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have never fallen in, but I almost went in today due to a 35 mph+ gust of wind that threw me off balance while standing at the edge of the boat and skipping tubes. It was time to go in...
BeaverIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 11:57 AM   #29
Abbeysdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
I have flipped a canoe. I guess that counts as falling out of a boat.
ME TOO. Took out our 17' Grumman last year (before the 'real' boat). At first had the girls up front, but the weight distribution was off so it was too bow heavy and bobbing. So I took it out alone, sitting backwards in the bow seat... then thought, I'll switch to the center seat...next thing I knew, I was in the water - eyeglasses went to the bottom, cell phone ruined. Floating tackle box (luckily most of the other gear stayed in the boat!). So then came the 50 yard 'walk' back to shore dragging the canoe half full of water and sinking calf deep in muck.... a Fathers day to remember!!!

Anyway, no issues (KNOCK WOOD) so far with the new boat...HOWEVER, I have been using the lanyard religiously since seeing the video of the bozo pushing the bass boat too fast across the wake of the boat filming him....
Trouble is when I stop, I sometimes forget to unhook it - twice, because it's elastic, the lanyard has come flinging off there and snapped my wife or daughter! They're watching me now and if I stop and stand with it connected, they're quick to say something!

Last edited by Abbeysdad; 09-28-09 at 01:53 PM.
Abbeysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 09:23 PM   #30
flfireman

Been off a few. problem with Fl is the things that become attracted to splashing. I went off one time and my shirt was still dry. Slipped off the front, threw the rod down and grabbed the rail all in one motion. Was back in the boat so fast my wife didn't see me from the dock that was 20' away. Few others were due to abrupt boat on stump with wind chop.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.