Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-07, 10:02 PM   #1
wargoth
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default help with Abu Ambassadeur 6600c...

Well, after an exhaustive search on google, I have come up with precisely bupkiss... Anyway, I managed to lay hands on one of my old mans old baitcasters, which he used to use for trolling about 25 years or so ago, and I have no idea how to use the various knobs etc. on the blessed thing. As my dad never used them to cast, he has no clue either. Any of you oldsters out there able to shed any light on the matter for me?
Old 08-21-07, 10:38 PM   #2
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Useful Links...

http://www.abugarcia.com/product_sch...d18c3bda7ac7d4

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/l...dels/5600c.htm

The chrome knob on the off-side (Where the handle ain't) is your cast control. Be careful not to unscrew it too far and lose it.
The cap UNDER the handle is basically a retainer for bearing and shims. KEEP IT TIGHT AT ALL TIMES!

Here's wot the number means...

6(spool width)600(upgrade from 6500C)C(ball bearing, probably two, but you can look carefully after expanding the schematic.

Nice reel, for the type, but way too heavy and bulky for most bassin'. A reel that is typical of "The Good Ol' Days" (at least in the hearts and minds of some...not including me.)

Hope this helps.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 11:02 PM   #3
CLENSKH

Send a message via Yahoo to CLENSKH

I think I use 5600 for my river rods, Catfish/Striper/Striper I love it works pretty good! And holds tons and tons of line.
Old 08-22-07, 01:35 PM   #4
wargoth

Thanks Flyrod, I know this thing is a heavyweight, but it is on loan to replace a low profile model I had on my frogging rod, as I for some yet unknown reason decided to pitch the off-side cover plate about 20 feet into one of the ponds I fish (as it was a Shakespere Cheapie, I ain't too broke up over it, but it was annoying). As soon as I can afford, I am going to upgrade my primary rig's reel and swap the old one over to my frog rod, but, until then, it's the abu or no frogging...
Old 08-26-07, 10:14 PM   #5
bothomas

that reel should be perfect for frog and rat fishing, I was looking for a new or older model a few weeks ago just for that purpose. It holds a little more line than you need, but o' well. you propably won't be spooling off that reel to another reel, unless it's another 6500!
bothomas is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.