Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-11, 10:05 PM   #1
hooked82
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Android Fishing App - What would yours do?

Hello all. I wanted to see if I could get some input from fellow anglers about what you would want/use in a fishing app for your phone. I recently published a fishing app to the Android Market and I'm looking at adding new features for the 2nd version. (I won't post the name because I don't want to break board rules for advertising, etc. unless a moderator/admin says otherwise)

What would you find useful/required in a fishing app on your phone?

Looking forward to hear what everybody has to say.
hooked82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-11, 10:18 AM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Price tag of $0.00 LOL

While I'm not a mod, this board isn't really like any of the other on the net. We don't really mind advertising, as long as it's not done in a spamming way. The board isn't heavily moderated and as long as you show a general interest in the board, we won't chase you out!

I think it would help if we could check out the app to give recommendations for it. Go a head and let us know what it is. I've got my Droid right here waiting!

BB
Old 07-31-11, 12:43 PM   #3
JerseyFisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I was thinking about this a couple weeks ago. It would be handy to have like a Bassfishin.com app for smartphones so if your out on the water and wanted to look up advice on the forum, or what not.

For a fishing app it would be good to have a chart of what lures to use for certain conditions, a fishing line chart, fishing knot guide, and maybe a fishing log where you could take a picture of the fish and store info on size, where it was caught and how it was caught.
JerseyFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-11, 12:47 PM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

A knot guide would be cool although I usually use the same knots, which I already know.

I'd REALLY love to get good topo maps on my phone that work with my GPS.

BB
Old 07-31-11, 01:01 PM   #5
hooked82
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks BigBassin.

As much as I wish the price tag could be $0.00, it unfortunately isn't haha. I spent the last 7 months working on this after hours and on the bus and I feel pretty obligated to buy my wife something really really nice So hopefully the app will contribute to that.

I am working on a Lite/Trial version to allow people to try it out before they buy, but that won't be released until sometime next week. The app is called My Fishing Companion. Let me know what you think of it by the looks of the screenshots. It is, however, on sale until the end of today
Old 07-31-11, 01:42 PM   #6
hooked82
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up

I tried posting a link, but that didn't seem to work. If you do go to the Android Market though, you can search for "My Fishing Companion" and you'll find it. It'll be the first one in the list.
Old 08-01-11, 09:51 AM   #7
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

You got that 1.99 waiting too BB hahahahaha. I might try it out when I get home and tell you what I think.
Old 08-01-11, 10:30 AM   #8
hooked82
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
You got that 1.99 waiting too BB hahahahaha. I might try it out when I get home and tell you what I think.
Very much appreciated!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.