Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-09, 02:15 AM   #26
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
carolina-rig-01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Webb City, MO
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbass View Post
Why is this such a hard concept to understand.
because it makes no damn sense dude. i am with doc, where i come from there is no light water......it's clear. and dark water means it's muddy. water color means just that, the color of the water. it's either clear, slightly stainded, stained, muddy, or really muddy. we don't talk about clear water being dark or dark color being light because it makes no sense.
__________________
You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.
carolina-rig-01 is offline  
Old 04-20-09, 02:47 AM   #27
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 253
Default

All I am saying is look at the water itself, basstech got it, sure its muddy but what color is it. Put it this way, if you wanted to paint your house, they showed you light green then dark green, would you argue the same. No, its obviouse one is light the other is dark, your not concerned that you can only see so far thru one or the other. One is light the other is dark.
CCbass is offline  
Old 04-20-09, 09:10 AM   #28
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbass View Post
All I am saying is look at the water itself, basstech got it, sure its muddy but what color is it. Put it this way, if you wanted to paint your house, they showed you light green then dark green, would you argue the same. No, its obviouse one is light the other is dark, your not concerned that you can only see so far thru one or the other. One is light the other is dark.

I have never seen a transparent house, not once.
doc is offline  
Old 04-20-09, 10:50 AM   #29
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member
 
jasonfish320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MAINEIAC
Posts: 585
Default

CCBass, I believe that you would make an excellent politician.

To me it's simple: If the sun is out and it is presumably day-time and I look down at the shore line and can see rocks that are down about a foot or so but cannot see much deeper than that the water is dark, muddy..whatever..if it's clear it's so obvious you could ask 100 people if it's clear water and they would all agree. I would say that most of the water that we fish is dark. Clean, clear water is so different. It's strange to me when I look down in 12 feet or so and make out the bottom, that water is clear...un-mistakable.

There are varying degrees of light and dark...actually I would say an infinite number. Don't argue the obscurities, it's not going to matter what bait I pick up if the water color is a slate green and not a forest, or perhaps it's more of a royal blue than navy....rule of thumb...if the water is clear use lighter baits, dark=darker baits..Bass are fish man, they are not methodical thinkers, they are a creature of habit and most of the time will bite a bottle cap if it catches their fancy.
__________________
"If at first you don't succeed; have another beer"
jasonfish320 is offline  
Old 04-20-09, 05:46 PM   #30
bingham
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
bingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cottondale, AL
Posts: 323
Send a message via Skype™ to bingham
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfish320 View Post
CCBass, I believe that you would make an excellent politician.

To me it's simple: If the sun is out and it is presumably day-time and I look down at the shore line and can see rocks that are down about a foot or so but cannot see much deeper than that the water is dark, muddy..whatever..if it's clear it's so obvious you could ask 100 people if it's clear water and they would all agree. I would say that most of the water that we fish is dark. Clean, clear water is so different. It's strange to me when I look down in 12 feet or so and make out the bottom, that water is clear...un-mistakable.

There are varying degrees of light and dark...actually I would say an infinite number. Don't argue the obscurities, it's not going to matter what bait I pick up if the water color is a slate green and not a forest, or perhaps it's more of a royal blue than navy....rule of thumb...if the water is clear use lighter baits, dark=darker baits..Bass are fish man, they are not methodical thinkers, they are a creature of habit and most of the time will bite a bottle cap if it catches their fancy.
Well said... ccbass next time you feel like posting something i think you should be monitered by this guy ^^^... i think this is almost everyones perception on water colors
__________________
EAT, SLEEP, FISH
bingham is offline  
Old 04-21-09, 04:01 AM   #31
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 253
Default

Jason, case in point that might be a little off from your thoughts. Fished a lake in early July, weeds all over the lake and the lake was clear for the most part, 6/10 foot vissibility. Caught our fish on dark colored cranks, bluegill in nature. Same lake a month or so later, same weed line ect. and it had greened from an alge bloom, now light green with 2/3 foot vissibility. Caught fish on light colored cranks in bluegill type patterns, using the same dark colored crank in the same areas produced no results.
CCbass is offline  
Old 04-21-09, 09:00 AM   #32
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,655
Default

JB is offline  
Old 04-21-09, 09:10 AM   #33
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
bcklash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Elliston, Va.
Posts: 4,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
I agree!!!!
__________________
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. keep us free:
bcklash is offline  
Old 04-21-09, 04:57 PM   #34
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
WTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 7,466
Default










Just thought I would try to post something in this thread of value, since, as of yet...not so much.
__________________
Selling live waterdogs for less since 2005.
WTL is offline  
Old 04-22-09, 04:23 AM   #35
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 253
Default

I guess all I can say is to each there own, fish on.
CCbass is offline  
Old 04-22-09, 11:27 PM   #36
bingham
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
bingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cottondale, AL
Posts: 323
Send a message via Skype™ to bingham
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbass View Post
I guess all I can say is to each there own, fish on.
HEY WTL, this man is brilliant... this is the best thing ive ever heard being said, way to come back cc
__________________
EAT, SLEEP, FISH
bingham is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 03:54 AM   #37
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 253
Default

Bingham, in my statement, and the way a poster said it, I am beating a dead horse. My thoughts are not those of most on here, some did learn others will not, so I should no longer try my case.
CCbass is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 11:57 AM   #38
bingham
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
bingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cottondale, AL
Posts: 323
Send a message via Skype™ to bingham
Default

CCBass, thats why i said what i said, your not very good with this read then post thing, both of the comments i made you have tried to make it sound like something its not, why? referring to the one about your statement of "bass tanning" and the one i made about you being brilliant. can you answer that?
__________________
EAT, SLEEP, FISH
bingham is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 11:58 AM   #39
bingham
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
bingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cottondale, AL
Posts: 323
Send a message via Skype™ to bingham
Default

maybe you should start making posts in the daytime instead of in the middle of the night, that could be the problem...
__________________
EAT, SLEEP, FISH
bingham is offline  
Old 04-24-09, 06:30 AM   #40
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 253
Default

True bingham, I read above, assumed and took it wrong while reading further down the list. My fault, thanks.
CCbass is offline  
Old 04-24-09, 07:39 AM   #41
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member
 
BassMoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hampstead, MD
Posts: 801
Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo
Default

I feel like a dumber person after reading this theard
__________________
This is my Signature there are many like it, but this one is mine.
BassMoJo is offline  
Old 04-25-09, 01:18 AM   #42
bingham
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
bingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cottondale, AL
Posts: 323
Send a message via Skype™ to bingham
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMoJo View Post
I feel like a dumber person after reading this theard
haha we see lol
__________________
EAT, SLEEP, FISH
bingham is offline  
Old 04-25-09, 01:19 AM   #43
bingham
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
bingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cottondale, AL
Posts: 323
Send a message via Skype™ to bingham
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbass View Post
True bingham, I read above, assumed and took it wrong while reading further down the list. My fault, thanks.
no problem bud
__________________
EAT, SLEEP, FISH
bingham is offline  
Old 08-27-09, 05:54 PM   #44
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
MallenManson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beulah, Michigan
Posts: 6,431
Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtl View Post









just thought i would try to post something in this thread of value, since, as of yet...not so much.
lmao @ #2!
__________________
Bass fear me.
Women pepperspray me.....
MallenManson is offline  
Old 08-27-09, 06:00 PM   #45
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
Bassboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shawano, WI
Posts: 7,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
lmao @ #2!

W Freaking TF at number one!
__________________
If you can't fix it with heavy squats or fish oil, you're probably going to die.
Bassboss is offline  
Old 08-27-09, 06:06 PM   #46
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
MallenManson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beulah, Michigan
Posts: 6,431
Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
W Freaking TF at number one!
You got that right!
__________________
Bass fear me.
Women pepperspray me.....
MallenManson is offline  
Old 08-27-09, 07:59 PM   #47
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
BigBassin144's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 9,463
Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default

When I saw this, I though whoever dug this POS thread up better have a dang good reason...

I guess cheezburger is good enough considering the rest of the thread...

BB



__________________
As of June 14, 2014 the members of the BF.com forum have moved to basschat.yuku.com!
BigBassin144 is offline  
Old 08-27-09, 08:49 PM   #48
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
MallenManson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beulah, Michigan
Posts: 6,431
Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
When I saw this, I though whoever dug this POS thread up better have a dang good reason...

I guess cheezburger is good enough considering the rest of the thread...

BB





zooker started it.....and i must say....i feel dirty just reading it. but the cheeseburger photo kept me from swallowing razor blades.
__________________
Bass fear me.
Women pepperspray me.....
MallenManson is offline  
Old 08-27-09, 10:57 PM   #49
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
zooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: denton nc
Posts: 13,441
Default

me???

don't drag me into your gutter..

zooker
__________________
the godfather..
aml in remission since 7-20-09
zooker is offline  
Old 08-28-09, 07:14 AM   #50
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
WTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 7,466
Default

Every now and then....check that...quite often - I regret things that I post here that might push some line or boundary.

I'm not sure if I think the "harbls" picture is worth regretting or not. On one hand, it is very topical given the nature of the discussion up until that point. And it was funny. Bawdy and disgusting, but funny.

On the other hand, its also pretty sick.
__________________
Selling live waterdogs for less since 2005.
WTL is offline  
Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2013 BassFishin.Com LLC