Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-06, 08:39 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the fishing has been up and down for me. I have caught some of the right fish but the numbers are up and down. The fish are moving before you can get a good feel as to what they want or how they want it. Deep fish I have found will let you catch one or two and then they will move. You will have to move or regraph the area to keep up with them. Big crank baits, Carolina Rigs, Swim Baits and Texas Rigs have been the best baits for deep water. Big spinner baits cast out and let them go to the bottom then pull them off the bottom and let them fall back down on humps, points, and road beds have produced some nice fish. The top water has been up and down but we had a few nice fish this week when we had the cloud cover for the first part of the morning. This pattern usually stops as soon as the sun gets up. The weightless Zig Zag and Twitch worm From Lake Fork Tackle fished wacky or Texas style but weightless has been good around the grass. The Bandit 100 crank bait has been good over the grass and shallow stumps. There are still some fish protecting fry. The spawn has just about run it’s course. The fish will soon be going to there summer patterns. This is the time you can set your watch by when and where to fish. The Fish are biting and hungry.
I still have the 28,29 open if you are planning a trip to the lake give me a call if either of these dates will work for you.
June I have dates open give me a call if you want to do something next month.
1-888-918-5088
Jim Reaneau
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.