Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-06, 06:52 AM   #1
FishinBrotha
BassFishin.Com Member

Default nice day on the water...(pic)

Got out on the water a bit with my bro in law. low 70s air temp, slight breeze and sunny.

I was working a 5inch 297 senko along the shore, around structure and all that. First 20 minutes pulled a 1lb smallie, then a few >1lb.

Moved down the slough a bit and pulled out this big boy maybe 1 foot from the bank in less than 2 feet of water.

Sorry for the size, and no i dont have lipstick on, thats a camera phone and we were in the sun lol.

Only bad thing was I couldn't get the hook out of her. She swallowed it so far, I tried for 3 minutes to try and jiggle it loose and it would not come, The only way I made progress was pulling on it hard but I didnt want the fish to die cause I could see it would pull stuff up with it so I just cut the hook off and revived the fish and she went left swimming fast after 15 seconds. hate it when that happens but what can you do?
FishinBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-06, 10:04 AM   #2
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

sounds like you had a good day and caught a few fish as well
Old 05-14-06, 09:11 PM   #3
flippin4it
BassFishin.Com Active Member

If you want you catch ratio to go up, get some of those Case "jacks worm's". The Shenandoah river is a Smallie' heaven and Case plastis made them just for Smallie's. You will thank me, it fishes just like a Senko. By the way, nice fish.
Old 05-15-06, 12:21 AM   #4
IL.bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin

Nice fish man. Sometimes you cant help when they swallow the hook. You prolly did the right thing by cuting the hook off. At least she had a chance.

I gotta say though the leaves on the tree are green. That smallie is the right color. Your lips are pink.

Hey if you say it's because its a cameraphone who am I to argue

Just kiddin man. Nice fish.
IL.bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-06, 01:04 AM   #5
FishinBrotha
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippin4it
If you want you catch ratio to go up, get some of those Case "jacks worm's". The Shenandoah river is a Smallie' heaven and Case plastis made them just for Smallie's. You will thank me, it fishes just like a Senko. By the way, nice fish.
Where can I get those at? Im down to try something else would a smaller senko be better also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL.bassin
Nice fish man. Sometimes you cant help when they swallow the hook. You prolly did the right thing by cuting the hook off. At least she had a chance.

I gotta say though the leaves on the tree are green. That smallie is the right color. Your lips are pink.

Hey if you say it's because its a cameraphone who am I to argue

Just kiddin man. Nice fish.
lol! ok, I wasn't feel pretty that day so I decided to "try" some of my girlfriends lip gloss. hahaha

Thanks for the replies guys, I should get out tomorrow and might have some more pictures.
FishinBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-06, 07:40 AM   #6
flippin4it
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Brotha, www.madtoms.com is the place. It's like a senko with a tapered tail. Case makes a great senko knockoff called Majic sticks. I hope this helps.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.