Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-08, 09:08 AM   #1
Jigger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Float Tubing

Who does it? What do you think about it? Describe your set up. Any tips or advice for someone who has never tried it?????
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-08, 11:00 AM   #2
fishin' fool

I've had a float tube for about five years now and love it. Its a great way to fish a pond or when you just want to relax and fish. I just have a basic tube, nothing real fancy. Has storage for baits and tackle, and a rod holder that goes across your lap. I haven't used it this year, but its an awesome way to fish. If you get a big enough fish they will spin you in circles! Good fishin
fishin' fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 08:29 AM   #3
Jrok
BassFishin.Com Member

I do a lot of float tubing. Not since Ive been stationed in GA though, too many gators and poisonous snakes for me.
Always use dummy cords because unforseen things come up ( waves, clumsiness..) and it sucks to see something like a knife sink. Oh and wear something bright to make yourself visible to the motorboats.
I have a pontoon style, open front float tube. I wear chest waders with it in some lakes with thrust fins. The first time a fish pulls you around you'll be hooked. What a great way to fish.
Jrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 08:34 AM   #4
Mac2

Don't forget and use single hook baits....you don't want a bass swimming between your feet with exposed trebles hanging out.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 09:57 AM   #5
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac2 View Post
Don't forget and use single hook baits....you don't want a bass swimming between your feet with exposed trebles hanging out.
Interesting and very good bit of advice.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.