Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-11, 09:23 AM   #1
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Wheeler/Wilson Weather Outlook

T-Storms are forecast for next Mon/Tues. Maybe I'll be getting some extra sleep after all. Win/Win.
Old 05-09-11, 09:31 AM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Now you know they don't have a clue as to what's happening in two days, much less a week from now. About two years ago, three weather stations here all said "No rain for the next 7-10 days." It rained every day for 9 days straight...
Old 05-09-11, 09:49 AM   #3
nofearengineer

For sure. I'm just saying that as I sleepily type this from my workstation keyboard, some serendipitous sleep doesn't sound half bad.
Old 05-09-11, 05:11 PM   #4
MississippiBoy

You can sleep when you're dead. Until then, you fish...
On a side note, I've heard that the 17-year cicadas are hatching this spring. There's supposedly going to be a ton of them out and around soon. I've been thinking that this may help the topwater bite...the cicadas are poor flyers, so there's gonna be a bunch on the water.
Old 05-09-11, 05:56 PM   #5
bamabassman

the cicadas are EVERYWHERE!!! hear them all day long!!!! grab you a couple of jitterbugs people!! pop-r will work too. gonna take a look at the weatehr over the next few days. one system comning in at the end of this week. so far so good.

and bryce................don't jinx us man! hahaha!!
Old 05-09-11, 06:35 PM   #6
bamabassman

this weeks forcast is highs of near 90 for the rest of the week, cooling off next week. chance of rain is only like 30 percent monday and tuesday. GONNA BE GREAT!!!!
Old 05-10-11, 10:03 AM   #7
nofearengineer

Yeah, John...they are calling for mid 70's the first part of the week. Sounds great to me!! A Northern boy (especially a biggun') gets sweaty just thinking about Alabama in May. Sounds like we're really catching a nice break.
Old 05-10-11, 05:08 PM   #8
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Try Alabama in June Bryce. Fishing out of Bama's black boat.

BB
Old 05-10-11, 05:09 PM   #9
bassboogieman

I hope next week gets here soon. This week has SUCKED big time and it can't be over too fast. Wed - flat tire on truck, 20" tires are not cheap. Replaced tire, found dead cranking battery in the boat - Cabela's was having a sale and the AGM's were $40 off, so drove the hour to get one, got home and wanted to cut the grass - flat rear tire on the lawn tractor. Thurs, ran to Tractor Supply, bought new tractor tire and cut the grass, replaced the battery in the boat and started on some other little replaclements on the boat to get her ready. Friday night I felt a head cold comming one - Sunday was a full blown sinus infection. Monday to the Dr, I could hardly stand up _ literally - due to fluid in my ears affecting my balance. Off to the pharmacy for antibiotics. Haven't slept for more than 2 hours at a time since Sunday, but today, FINALLY, I have turned the corner and am beginning to feel some improvement - not much, but the next few days should get me straightend out. Just in time to drive 15 hours to Wheeler. My butt has been thourghly kicked over the past seven days and I'm looking for nothing but GOOD LUCK next week. I have this stupid vision in my head of a minature NFE inside my head with a hammer - smacking my skull every so often and his little voice saying: TELL ME WHAT IT IS, TELL ME, TELL ME.

Arbogast lures (cicada):

Cabela's has them!!

Last edited by bassboogieman; 05-10-11 at 05:18 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 05:19 PM   #10
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I realized last night, while on the chat room, I have nothing ready for the event. My plan was to get all my rods, reels, and lures packed up, yet here I am... So this week is going too fast for me, lol.

BB
Old 05-10-11, 05:36 PM   #11
bamabassman

bruce......retirement SUCKS don't it? BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YES BRUCE i am playing that little violin too. lol.

kidding for real pal. i am glad oyu are on the mend my friend. now git yerself redeye for some southern fishing. things are looking GREAT for the ocming week gang. lows are still predicted to be 50-52, and highs still hititng the 65=75 degree mark. 30-40 percent chance of showers and real little storms. nothing to worry aobut now ok?

NOW GIT YER CHIT TOGETHER BOYS.......GONNA BE A WHALE OF A GOOD TIME!!!

of ocurse i gotta say ol bryce and ssippiboy are being "realistic"ly negative. remember the movie KELLYS HEROS? remember the tank sargent talking to morty aobut the negative waves? well that is what i am saying to daniel and bryce......WHAT'S WITHT HE NEGATIVE WAVES MAN? ALWAYS THROWING OUT NEGATIVE WAVES. bwahahahahaha!!!

AGAIN I must IMPLORE OYU FOLKS TO list what oyu are bringing!! OR IF OYU GUYS WOULD RATHER, JUST BRING THE MONEY AND WE CAN MAKE A RUN TO WALLY OWRLD AND GET IT THERE. BUT TELL ME OK? PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEE............LOL.

lisa is crawling my arse over this gang. oyu know how a woman gets when us men don't do what we are supposed to do. so cut me some slack here. lmao!
Old 05-12-11, 06:57 AM   #12
keithdog

I'm looking at the extended forecast for the Wheeler area and it's showing rain and thunderstorms for the last half of the week now. Better remembeer to bring rainwear.

Ok, it looks very good tonight, hahaha. Boy what 24 hours can do for a forecast. Never mind folks. But bring rainwear just in case.

Last edited by keithdog; 05-12-11 at 06:34 PM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.