Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-06, 04:32 AM   #1
LoneStarAngler07
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to LoneStarAngler07
Default Frogs

ive never bought or even used a frog before, how are they fished and when is the best time to use them? i would really appreciate the help.
Old 06-30-06, 08:57 AM   #2
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

They are best used as top water lures, around or over weed beds or around any place you believe you could likely find a bass. I'm not very fond of them, but I hear they are excellent lures for alot of folks here on this forum.
I would fish them with a large 3/0 to 4/0 EWG quality hook, on the fly. The times I have used them, most of them seem to wanna run upside down. I hate when that happens.

Good Luck Buddy.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 09:38 AM   #3
ROBZILLA
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Calm days, I like them first thing in the morning or just before dark. I usually use them when the water is like glass. bass have really good eye sight so stay far back from where your casting,you got to sneak up on them with out being seen. Try to hit a shore bank and come out from it. or start in heavy weeds and work it across the top of the mats and hit the open spots too. Remember to let it sit for a while give time for the bass to sneak up on it, because bass after all are ambush fish. if they get close to hit it and you twitch too hard you'll spook em. You will learn over time how long to let it sit. Don't rush a frog is a slower bait to use and takes patience.

Robby.
Old 06-30-06, 10:58 AM   #4
Crazykidd
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Crazykidd

If you have trouble hooking bass with a frog try putting on a trailer hook. This will increase your hook ratio.
Crazykidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.