Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-06, 07:52 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Spinnerbait!

Went out tonight after 8 grueling days of rain and northeast wind that has parked over oHIo and been spinning counterclock wise . I got the boat out and the water looked prestine, nice chop and clear, but its so dark all day due to the weather, you couldn't see down more than 4 ft....
I figured they would be hard to catch, and also had discussed with another angler buddy of mine at work that lives on the lake that I'd probably throw a tiki or horny toad, or even slow down and flip.....WRONG! after about 3 cast while drifting down a wind blown bank a bass hit the Hank ParkerClassic spinnerbait, and shook it violently, got off......I figure it was a "dink", and since I already had the mindset of throwing slow plastics, grabbed another rod and pitched a red shad worm to the spot the bass swiped at my blade..no luck..nada.....so I figured I was "geeped up" enough from not fishing a week that the spinnerbait would be fun, I burned it under the surface and got 3 14 inchers back to back ..alot of fun, nothing big, but fun...The key tonight was to keep the bait on the flats, very dif. than I had planned, but it worked great, they absolutly wouldn't touch a slow moving plastic..they hit at the toad and sent it in the air 3 times in a row, but no takers...Plus tonight I did some toad skippin, man, that bait was made for docks, it skips like a super ball.
Air temp today was 51, water temp was 63, all fish on flats about 1/2 way back the cuts..and they shook that spinnerbait violently every time!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-06, 08:35 PM   #2
zooker

bass never stick to a set plan you know this. if they want the blade then feed them the blade.. even if you had your heart set on plastic's ....

zooker
Old 05-17-06, 05:37 AM   #3
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
bass never stick to a set plan you know this. if they want the blade then feed them the blade.. even if you had your heart set on plastic's ....

zooker
Caught my mind on this one. Kinda funny how when driving to the water your thinking "Yea the worm bite is gonna be awsome and when you get there all they want is a spinner" Not a bad thing but soemthing that everyone should pay attention to. Let the bass tell ya what they want. And yes I talk to them and no I aint doctor doo little as posted before.
Old 05-17-06, 07:42 AM   #4
JB

tonight its going to be the rogue laser, at least thats the plan, my buddies have informed me they are hitting it along with the wallies
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-06, 06:31 PM   #5
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

well hope you catch a bunch Jb

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.