Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-05, 06:58 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default aggghhhhh!!!!

i was fishing in the tail race sunday morning. when i hooked up something big and fast. i am guessing striper. he gets me in the "junk yard " section i am about seeing the holes on my spool through the 50 pound calcutta braid he goes around a rusty angle iron piece and boom cuts the braid. the braid is so mangled i had to cut a 2 foot chunk out before retying. ok any line would have been destroyed at this point but #1 i was fighting a 8 mph currant. and even on the fenwick extra heavy pitching stick-lol- i was casting it for giggles.i was have a hard time controlling this fish. i really would have like to seen how big it was. the flood lights in the tail race at 5:15 am are a tad maddening. although i did catch several nice bass that day. and a decent flat head which i ate. i was a tad put out over this fishes getting away. any body working inside the dam it self would have heard the cussing.-maybe even learn a few new words- cause this bad boy really boiled my peanuts big time... weight wise i would guess -figuring in the currant-15 pounds or so.

zooker
Old 08-08-05, 08:23 PM   #2
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

its the big one that always gets away.......thats a bummer....you'll get 'er next time.
Old 08-08-05, 08:23 PM   #3
Denny_ohio
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default man...

Sorry to hear Zooker,Your got a recording of your cussing...lol.Man I bet that fish was nice!!!! 15lb? big Momma!!! I would spelt out some cussing to.Sorry big
guy.
Denny
Old 08-09-05, 07:18 AM   #4
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well go back there and catch the toad. I would have just been crying personally. Hope to hook one like that too one day. Maybe I should be coming to NC to get him huh. Since you just let em get away LOL. Sorry
you lost him, I have lsot too many fish to not know it happens no matter what you do sometimes. As the saying goes, sometimes you get him, and sometimes he gets you. Mark another up for the fish. @&^&^#&^#@*^ is the best immitation of what I would have been saying.

Lizards
Old 08-09-05, 12:02 PM   #5
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Man theres a fish like that around here to and i bet my dad will catch it casue he always seems to hook it but can never land it
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.