Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-11, 01:57 PM   #11
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I don't think bassfisher posts here super often, so I'll throw my two cents in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll View Post
Bassfisher,what is the longest rod you can fit in the rod locker? also just wondering why you don't see very many avalanches for sale,are they a quality boat or did they just not make very many, Can't find to much online about them? thanks carroll out.
The rod lockers are not super long. You can put a 7-foot rod in them if you are careful. you can put a 7-1/2-foot rod in them if you are willing to take the risk. I would recommend rod socks or jackets, as the forward ends of the rod lockers are not sealed...the rod ends up curving up under the snout of the boat, and there are some sharp aluminum edges up there.

It is not a Cadillac by any means...on the outside it is an attractive boat, but they didn't spend a lot of extra money below decks. The foam padding on the bottom of the compartment doors likes to fall off. However, it it a solid boat, that is very wide and stable. They did not make many, largely due to them being unprofitable for Tracker. The hull is press-formed aluminum, and was very expensive to produce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll View Post
also bassfisher, what would be a good price for a 03 DC 135 merc opti. so i can see if i'm getting a decent deal or not. thanks carroll out.
IMHO, you could probably pick up an '03 DC 135 Opti-equipped Avalanche for around $10,000-$12,000...depending on condition and motor hours (and owner desperation) of course. I paid $13,000 for my '05 SC 115 Opti Avalanche about 3 years ago. I think that was maybe just a little below average, not a steal, but a good deal. By the way, don't go less than a 135hp, and a 150 or 175 would definitely be better. Of course, then you're talking $15,000+. My 115 is just a tad too small.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.