Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-12, 10:02 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default is the twitch switch a good ideal

so going to pick up my curados(sp) tomorrow, and am happier than a pig in slop, getting a good deal on these from a collage student hard up for cash or i would trade him, anyway he emails me toniht and says he has a dawia megaforce twich reel, again not needing it, but said he would throw it in for 40.00, i looke it up on bp, its like a 90.00 reel, i get that maby when fishinh a jig it is a good ideal. so gimme some more ideals to use it and is it worth the extra cash, wereas i dont need it now, but for a backup in future
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 10:05 PM   #2
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

IMHO the twitchin bar is kinda hoaky but............for $40 why not?
Which Curado you get? E-G-? 200 300 ?
Old 01-04-12, 10:14 PM   #3
wallywallace

dang ken, got my threads locked, lol, not 100% sure on model number, it is the 7:1:! ratio, getting off of CL. the pics look as if the are used some, i was looking at price of just one on BP.com and they are like 120+ a piece and his was 150 for both and got him down to 100. I can live with beat up, as this will be my most high end reel. well i do have a Revo Sx HS on a 6'9 carrot, but i believe these ar more high end. heck i could drive up to his place tomor and get jumped. lol

yea the twitch does look gimicky, but the reel looks sharp, i heard dawia quality has went down a bit. though i just heard from a dude in dicks
Old 01-04-12, 10:28 PM   #4
skeeter1804
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Bass Pro ran these on sale for $49 last year. I went to buy one and try it but the salesman said they weren't very good.
skeeter1804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 10:33 PM   #5
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Wally- sounds like E's and at 2fer 100 hard to lose regardless. BTW never put much stock in the "dudes at dicks"
Old 01-04-12, 10:43 PM   #6
wallywallace

lol, it was a customer that fishes, not a employee, lol damn employee told me once about all the flathead catfish that he caught in our lake hickory, i fished hickory since i was a.. well since i can remember and i aint never caught a flat, anywy yea i figured on any curado that price was good, even if i dont "need" them at moment
than skeeter, probably wont get, dude said he had a few rods as well, i think the monkey may turned to be the dragon.. maybe he has a loomis rod for about 50, lol
Old 01-05-12, 08:45 AM   #7
DVT Mike

Twitching bars & flipping switches = unnecessary additions complicating service and repair with little or no actual fishing advantage. The thumb lever on Daiwa flipping models being an exception.
Old 01-05-12, 12:53 PM   #8
Top Tiger

I've got one. It's not as smooth as some the high priced models but it works just fine. No issues whatsoever. Don't use the twitchin' bar much. I think you can get more feel for the plug or whatever by working your presentation the old fashioned way. As far as the reel goes, if it's in good enough shape then it should be worth easily $40.00.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 02:07 PM   #9
wallywallace

just got back, didn't get the twitch, though he had the dawia balistic i got,

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.