Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-09, 09:06 PM   #1
triton1369
BassFishin.Com Member

Default new engine warranty??

Ok heres the deal. I am in the market for a new bassboat, and was wanting to take my time and buy around the end of may, however, Mercury is offering a 5 year warranty instead of the 3 year for 2 more weeks. I would rather save another month and finance less, but am scared to loose the extra 2 year warranty.
Does anyone know anything about what the insentives are for buying a new mercury next month, will the extra 2 years of warranty really go away. Also does anyone know what the extra 2 years of warranty would cost to buy outright? Anythoughts??
triton1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 09:26 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

alwaysvget the extrended warranty.. the moter is the most exspendsive part of your boat.. replacing a power head cost out the hole.... i think mine was $800 when she let go of her #2 wrist pin i had her 6 years she was still under warranty new power head set them back $2500.. and this was a SMALL moter.. the big v-6 powerheads start in the $5000 price range...THINK ABOUT!!

zooker
Old 04-06-09, 10:06 PM   #3
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I bought an extra 5 years for mine, it was $1,000. I wish they told me ahead of time so I could have financed it, but he mentioned it when I picked up the boat. My partner's Ranger has been sitting in storage for 2.5 years cause he blew a powerhead, $6,000+. Sucks making monthly payments on something you can't use and his job situation got bad so he couldn't get it fixed.

Edit: forgot to mention mines on a Yamaha.

Last edited by Bender; 04-07-09 at 07:53 PM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 07:50 PM   #4
TARHEELXRD
BassFishin.Com Member

Yes it will go away in April as it does every year. That doesnt mean it wont be back but probably later in the year. To me it would be a huge dealand a must have. A new Merc factory warranty can cost you 2500+. Like zooker said earlier and new power head is 5k for some motor sna some of them as much as 10k. If it is avaiable you have to have it in my opinion
TARHEELXRD is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.