Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-12, 11:04 AM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Could i expect the spawning and bedding here

fishing off a point with rocks and red clay, left side of the point goes into a cove, when the water is clear and i can see and assume, that it is all somewhat a shallow flat, i can look out as far as i can and see the bottem around 3 feet. if you keep walking to the along this point it splits to severanal coves

Right side is more deeper, cant see the bottem as much as i can see on left, lots or red mud and that side leads to the cove with the boat ramp.

anyway if i take the time to walk this with 3 rods and a tackle bag, think i will have good result, thinking squarebill, spinnerbait and not sure will jerkbaits still work..
Old 03-18-12, 01:13 PM   #2
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Spawning bass prefer a hard bottom and will avoid muddy, silted bottoms if the other presents itself. Give it a good work over and let us know how you do.
Old 03-18-12, 10:11 PM   #3
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

went tonite and nothing, would have had better luck fishing for chubs in a creek, been trying everything lately Tav, nothing, last year i was no kvd, but i managed catching them, just tired of pond fishing with the biggest a little over a lb.. idk

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.