Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-07, 08:34 PM   #1
THE DL
BassFishin.Com Member

Default MY New Technique!

Well after finding a Coleman 10 foot freshwater boat in the trash today was only the beginning. I went out to a local pond this late afternoon with no luck after 30 min. I than packed up and went over to a lake in my township. I fished a weightless senko with a red 2/0 hook and hooked one within the first 5 minutes. It ran into the lily pads believe it or not lol, i took my shoes off reached my hand all the way in to the water up to my shoulder and ripped the pad out, with only a hook at the bottom, the fish escaped. I was not liking how things were going right about now.
Well than I tied on a jighead with a black grub, yup the plain jane black grub.
This is where i learned my new technique. I was fishing the lakes beach, The lakes swimming area is roped off between the deep and shallow end. I cast out into the deep end, let the bait sink slowly, reel in really fast to get over the divider rope and let it sink again. and on that drop BAM! I kid you not my next 3 casts i catch 3 bass. Nothing large at all, the biggest being 13 oz. But boy was i happy. I didn't care about losing the bass earlier because i was sooo happy. It was great. I Also i come home and see the boat sitting in my side yard, man what a great early september day.
Old 09-03-07, 08:55 PM   #2
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Damn wish I would find a boat in the trash.
Old 09-03-07, 09:12 PM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i found a trashy wife once in my boat
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-07, 09:15 PM   #4
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher02 View Post
Damn wish I would find a boat in the trash.
keep your eyes open. I found mine in an old dried up pond that was in the middle of the woods, miles and miles of dirt trails to get to. I had a gut feeling it was abandoned when I saw it but just didn't want to take somebodies boat so I left it. I went back to the same spot 3 months later and didn't see the boat any longer. I ended up getting out of my vehicle, walked to where I first saw the boat and noticed that the trees and weeds just engulfed the boat. I wrestled it out of the thick and threw it on top of the truck. Got home, put it in the pool, hopped in for 30 minutes, no leaks. Free boats are the best, except no registration keeps me from getting a motor, gas or electric. Oh well, a free boat sure beats fishing from shore.
Old 09-03-07, 09:17 PM   #5
bassfisher02

Why not get the boat registered?

I always do keep an eye out, but a free boat hasnt worked its way into my line of sight... just yet.
Old 09-03-07, 09:30 PM   #6
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Why not get the boat registered?

I always do keep an eye out, but a free boat hasnt worked its way into my line of sight... just yet.
the original owner had it registered, but since I found it I have no title and no bill of sale. I'd have to file for a home made boat which can be a headache depending on how nitpicky the title clerk wants to be that day, sometimes they'll just give it to ya, other times they'll require to see reciepts for the aluminum, rivets, seats, whatever. I've tried twice with no avail but still hear stories of people getting it done so I'll keep trying, one of these days I'll get it right. Can't say I ain't trying, believe me, I'd rather throw a trolling motor on there than paddle this thing 2 miles just to get to a decent spot lol.
Old 09-03-07, 09:41 PM   #7
bassfisher02

Damn, so if I was to find a boat, and it happned to be registered, it would most likely be a pain in the @$$ to get it re-registered, which may not happen. Seems like it may be easier to buy an aluminum jon boat or something of the such.
Old 09-03-07, 10:02 PM   #8
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Damn, so if I was to find a boat, and it happned to be registered, it would most likely be a pain in the @$$ to get it re-registered, which may not happen. Seems like it may be easier to buy an aluminum jon boat or something of the such.
well, just to clarify, it really doesn't matter if the previous owner had it registered or not.

If you want a boat with a motor in florida (electric or gas), you have to register it or risk getting a ticket.

if you find one and don't get it registered, you're gonna have to paddle it around unless you want a ticket. if you want a motor ya gotta track down the original owner and get a bill of sale.......or register it as home made which can be easy or difficult. I've heard from reliable sources who have been in the same boat (no pun intended, where they found a boat) and told them they built it and didn't require reciepts for materials and got title. You can always tell them you built it out of scrap material laying around. From what I've found and read, it really depends on the mood of title clerk. As far as it being cheaper to just buy a boat, all depends on price.
Old 09-03-07, 10:07 PM   #9
bassfisher02

Yeah I know that all motorized boats have to be registered, but I did not know that you couldnt register a boat without a bill of sale or any of the such. Good stuff, learning more and more everyday. I think if I happened to find a boat, saying that its home-made is worth a shot.
Old 09-03-07, 10:17 PM   #10
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Yeah I know that all motorized boats have to be registered, but I did not know that you couldnt register a boat without a bill of sale or any of the such. Good stuff, learning more and more everyday. I think if I happened to find a boat, saying that its home-made is worth a shot.
yeah, its a last resort type of thing and a bit of a headache having to jump through hoops, but damn, everytime I see ANYBODY with a kicker on their jon boats, boy oh boy do I get jealous. Just give me 6-8 red bull energy drinks and I can get my boat on a plain with a 5 ft paddle...........for about 12 feet until I run outta steam
Old 09-05-07, 10:09 AM   #11
links_man2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Might want to check and be sure it wasn't stolen, then abandon! Just a thought, hate for you to go to jail---lol.
links_man2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-07, 07:41 PM   #12
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

I wonder if it was my first wife.
Old 09-06-07, 04:19 PM   #13
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

My dad and me dug out my grandpa's 14' aluminum v-hull, and have been using it our pond, but we want to take it to reservior and lakes and such, so... yup, we have to get the title and then get it registered (which it hasn't been since the early 80's) So we have to write down a bunch of junk and take my grandma to the title beuro so we can just get the title, then we have to have her switch the title to my dad's name and then we can get it registered, then buy a trolling motor, THEN fish!

I hope we can do it before Ice fishing season...
Old 09-06-07, 06:05 PM   #14
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I hope we can do it before Ice fishing season...

Or the next Ice Age...
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-07, 06:21 PM   #15
bassfisher02

Go ahead and buy the trolling motor now, that way when it finally gets registered and all that good stuff you already have it...
Old 09-06-07, 06:21 PM   #16
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

The question is "Whose wife was it?" On second thought, it really doesn't matter!
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 10:17 PM   #17
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Go ahead and buy the trolling motor now, that way when it finally gets registered and all that good stuff you already have it...
That's a good idea, that'll give my dad insentive to get the boat title and liscenced... I'm still trying to get him to join the site too... and take me steelhead fishing... and musky fishing... CRAP, I'd better get busy, its already september...

bb144
Old 09-12-07, 11:58 PM   #18
flfireman

Well, if ypu are looking for another trashy wife, I can give you the address to my ex. She fits the bill- hell she's just like a boat. A hole that you throw money in and barely get to use.
Old 09-13-07, 12:09 AM   #19
hackattack
BassFishin.Com Active Member

haaaaaaaah!
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.