Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Poll: who's better skeet reese or bill siemantel
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
who's better skeet reese or bill siemantel

Old 01-21-10, 10:05 PM   #1
bassking97
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Largemouth bass (in pond)

How can I catch a largemouth bass in my neighborhood pond that I've mentioned in one of my previous posts. I have a rubber salamander, some berkley powerbait texas rigged worm and a spinner bait. Which one should I use? It's murky water. The pond is around 20 yards wide. This is how it looks. which spots should I fish? It has some rotten logs in the middle. A tree casting a shadow on the water, and some logs on the right side
thanks!
bassking97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 10:12 PM   #2
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I would fish every place you mentioned more than once. I would use everything you say you have , in everyone of those places. I would also use every bait you mentioned on a windblown bank ( except when its cold ). Everyone fishes differant though..
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 10:51 PM   #3
bassinbob

Same as above. Also read up on how to fish a pond. How to approach and cast. Fish perpendicular to the shore. Fan cast all areas. Be stealthy. Carolina rig the lizards.
Old 01-26-10, 12:15 AM   #4
Justin2729
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Well to be more in depth try a small weight on that worm texas rigged and slow roll it. All those baits you mentioned will work. But that seems to work excellent in a pond hope you slay em!
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 09:57 PM   #5
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I fish lots of small and large ponds in my local area of north FL and so far the best I found has been live bait, usually a bream or crappie minnow... many times in the small ponds like that, if it does not appear 100% natural, they won't even take a second look at it. You may be better just observing for a while to see if it goes after surface stuff like frogs, snakes and such or if it always stays underwater...

I had been working artificials for some time at a local pond only catching some small under 1 lb. bass... but the first time I tossed in a minnow, the 6 pound pig swallowed it hook and all. Tried an area up the creek in another pond and same thing there, caught a 3 pound within minutes when artificals did absolutely nothing.

Sometimes live bait can't be beat.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 11:15 PM   #6
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

In my opion this is all depending on the time of year. Remeber that a large res or lake is the same as a "pond". So the fish will move the same as in a pond.
Old 02-04-10, 01:49 AM   #7
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Well when he is saying 20 yards wide, there is at best 1 to 3 bass of decent size there, otherwise the rest is all food for the bass... whereas a lake or larger reservoir may have hundreds or thousands of bass over 10 pounds so the presentation is much different between the two from my experience... without knowing their location there's not much more I can suggest.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 04:05 PM   #8
lilmule

First make sure its ok with your neighbor to fish his pond,second the worm near the logs or spinnerbait,go early stay late you will eventually catch one or two bass if they are in there.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.