Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-10, 08:19 PM   #1
BassinBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Who dat?

I do recall earlier this year some people talking about Skeet Reese putting KVD in his place....I think KVD just took the place he wanted....so.....WHO DAT? WHO DAT? WHO DAT SAY THEY CAN BEAT KVD!!!! My congrats goes to KVD for winning AOY and to Skeet for having an amazing year.
Old 07-31-10, 10:31 PM   #2
skeeter1804

KVD is obviously the man. I do think it's a shame, Skeet had a far better year than Van Dam. I am not a fan of this post season format. I hope BASS sells soon and the new owners reconsider the AOY format.
skeeter1804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-10, 11:21 PM   #3
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I figured Skeet was uncatchable after the year he had. Congrats to KVD!
Old 08-01-10, 12:08 AM   #4
Ground Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter1804 View Post
I am not a fan of this post season format. I hope BASS sells soon and the new owners reconsider the AOY format.
I agree to a point, but at the same time it's a tit-for-tat argument anytime you have a post-season. It's an on-going debate in many sports - college football, NHL hockey, even NASCAR.

In my opinion, because BASS finshing is an individual sport, I'd like to see them adopt a "chase" format similar to NASCAR. Keep the tournament open to all competitors for the prize money, exposure, and competition, and let the guys who qualify for AOY compete with the full field in those events.
Ground Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 10:35 AM   #5
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Pounder View Post
I agree to a point, but at the same time it's a tit-for-tat argument anytime you have a post-season. It's an on-going debate in many sports - college football, NHL hockey, even NASCAR.

In my opinion, because BASS finshing is an individual sport, I'd like to see them adopt a "chase" format similar to NASCAR. Keep the tournament open to all competitors for the prize money, exposure, and competition, and let the guys who qualify for AOY compete with the full field in those events.
I like that idea!

But, I also think they need to switch things up a bit. Having the post season take place at the same location year in , year out is quite boring.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 12:52 PM   #6
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post
I like that idea!

But, I also think they need to switch things up a bit. Having the post season take place at the same location year in , year out is quite boring.

Plus the previous year's winner already has an advantage by knowing what he did the previous year during the same time frame on that body of water! I think KVD is the best tournament angler there has ever been, but I think the odds were stacked in his favor with this venue.
Old 08-01-10, 02:24 PM   #7
Cavs1123

hey guys, nothings over till its over and that was the case!
Old 08-01-10, 08:35 PM   #8
skeeter1804

Ground Pounder, Do you think the post season is ok with 2 tournaments or do you think the post season should have more? Personally I think if they have a post season it should consist of more than 2 tourneys but BASS never called and asked my opinion. I agree with some others even though I was cheering for Skeet, KVD is the best of all time. He keeps winning and there is some very good competition out there.
Old 08-02-10, 01:01 AM   #9
BassinBandit

I not a huge fan of the way they do the AOY now. Its okay but not great. I think they need to just let the tournaments speak for themselves. Who ever is standing at the top at the end of the year wins.
Old 08-02-10, 09:33 AM   #10
Bassboss

So how did KVD beat skeet, along with everyone else?! Last I saw was the sunday Trophy Triumph, and skeet was ahead of KVD? But than KVD, and Evers comes up and beats him.

So how'd this happen?!
Old 08-02-10, 01:08 PM   #11
Ground Pounder

Quote:
Ground Pounder, Do you think the post season is ok with 2 tournaments or do you think the post season should have more?
Personally, I don't care for the postseason at all - I'd like to just see an all-out cumulative regular season where everyone competes in every tournament.

But, if they are going to have a postseason, I think more tournaments are required - 4 or 5 would be best, but even 3 would work if they allowed all Elite series anglers to participate in the tournament, with the top 12 or whatever competing for the championship.
Ground Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 09:44 PM   #12
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
So how did KVD beat skeet, along with everyone else?! Last I saw was the sunday Trophy Triumph, and skeet was ahead of KVD? But than KVD, and Evers comes up and beats him.

So how'd this happen?!
I GOT THIS ONE---Are you ready Bass Boss, here it is ----- they caught bigger fish.
Old 08-02-10, 10:51 PM   #13
keithdog

Ok, dumb question here. Whats all this about changing the way the AOY is chosen and whats this about a post season? I havn't heard anything about any of this.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10, 01:12 PM   #14
geezer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I GOT THIS ONE---Are you ready Bass Boss, here it is ----- they caught bigger fish.
Good analysis, backlash!
geezer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10, 02:23 PM   #15
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
lol, seems like skeet had a much better year then KVD IMO.
Old 08-03-10, 05:56 PM   #16
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
lol, seems like skeet had a much better year then KVD IMO.
I agree. Just raggin on ya.
Old 08-03-10, 06:36 PM   #17
bcklash

Skeet Reeses thoughts:

All of my competitors came up to me at one point or another on Saturday after weigh-in and said sorry for the result. Even KVD said he felt for me. I wouldn't expect anything less than that from him; he's a friend, and he let me know he understood how I felt.
On the topic of Kevin, he went out there and did his job and walked away with the trophy. He fished great over those four competition days. Even though it cost me winning the trophy, I still congratulated him, and he would have done the same for me. The rest of those guys did the same thing, fished hard and did their job. That's what we do — compete to win.

All these guys are class acts.
Old 08-04-10, 08:16 PM   #18
skeeter1804

Has everyone read what Rick Clunn thinks about the post season? If not go to bassfan.com it's under dock talk.
Old 08-04-10, 11:19 PM   #19
bassinbob

Is it me or is it getting a little boring-KVD? Granted he is the best. I think he should replace Clunn as worlds' best. But I feel for Reese.
Old 08-09-10, 10:57 AM   #20
rodnreel

Quote:
Has everyone read what Rick Clunn thinks about the post season? If not go to bassfan.com it's under dock talk.
"Skeet had a lead of over a hundred points, and then through somebody's mathematical ignorance it gets reduced down to 15 points. Then (BASS) makes the (4 post-season days spread over two events) more important than the other 32 days the man has fished during the season.

Clunn hit the nail on the head. The post season format is fine with me, but the re-calculation of the points is ridiculous. Skeet had by far the best overall season this year and you could argue that it goes down as one of the best ever in the history of BASS. Hopefully the post season gets restructured under new ownership.
Old 08-09-10, 09:41 PM   #21
skeeter1804

I hope the new owners change the post season because ESPN has already said they will use the same format for the 2011 season and fish the same 2 lakes as the previous years.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.