Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-11, 11:17 PM   #26
unbiased14
BassFishin.Com Member

Having been a shore fisherman all my life, this particular thread really interests me because I've only fished on a boat twice in my life. So I feel it is a really good opportunity to share lessons that i've learned in my experience and time i've spent on the water.

Fish the cover along the bank within the range of your longest casts. If you think you can reach a piece of cover that could potentially hold bass, go for it! It also doesn't help to worry about the fish being on the outer parts of the lake that may be unaccessable from shore.... that will only detract from your concentration on shoreline structure. Find the cover available to you and fish it hard. If there isn't any cover near shore, use baits that you can cast far and cover a lot of water. lipless crankbaits are a great option because they can be cast far, retrieved quickly, and are effective in many different depth levels.
unbiased14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 11:44 PM   #27
Scott the fishman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I read some where as soon as you get to a lake that you know little about just look at it. Don't look at for 30 seconds think where the fish would be. Last time i starred at a lake for a good five minutes walking up and down the shore thinking where the bass hang out. first cast wham got on a spinner bait next to the shore. this technique may seem odd/old. but it works for me just think "if i was a bass where would i be?"
Old 07-16-11, 05:35 AM   #28
IowaBasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

There was some pretty good discussion about shore fishing last month...
Here's the thread: Pretty new to Bass fishing, having some problems!

When fishing a lake in the summer (regardless of temperature) I tend to key on weeds. When the sun gets high in the sky, the fish look for some type of shade... In addition to weeds that shade could be deep water, boat docks, down trees, or even just shadows cast from trees on shore.
IowaBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 09:30 AM   #29
Boze
BassFishin.Com Member

Great Thread here;

I always tried to look for anything different in Shore Line that would lead into deeper water ie; any kind of point that might be available or cut for warmer weather. But even then a surface temp chang of even a few degrees helps everything.

Anyway, Cold Weather, Pond Fishing is all good and great fun once you find them. Provides good hunting, just in a different way.

Take care
Good Fishing to you

Boze
Boze is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.