Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-07, 11:50 PM   #1
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default I'm not a big basketball fan, but

how 'bout Them Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-07, 01:56 PM   #2
WTL

You know I like Robert Horry, he is a Bama guy through and through...but his cheap shot on nash and the suspensions handed out afterward single handidly gave this thing to the spurs. It is disgusting.
Old 06-15-07, 04:17 PM   #3
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
You know I like Robert Horry, he is a Bama guy through and through...but his cheap shot on nash and the suspensions handed out afterward single handidly gave this thing to the spurs. It is disgusting.
There's always the sour-grapers, like the folks piling on OU for infractions THEY discovered and reported on themselves. Let's ignore Reggie Bush's family living in millionaire's digs and the fear the NCAA has of EVER penalizing Notre Dame.
Let's not mention that YooTee is breeding a wad of thugs that Miami or FSU would envy.
It's a shame that the Spurs, Sooners, and the rest can't be coached by an honest, upright, loyal, non-greedy person. You know, like Nick Saban. O'course, they could have had Bobby Petrino, but then some Bama bigwig publicly stated they'd have get Mrs. P a better hairstylist...brilliant! (Do I hear "Dueling Banjos", or am I imagining it?)
Isn't it amazing that a fourth NBA C'ship was won by a team that plays FOR each other, rather than for individual glory? There's another vast difference too; No Spurs are up on charges for rape, drug use, DUI, domestic violence, theft, fraud, draft-dodging, murder, conspiracy to fart in a crowded elevator, or jaywalking (maybe for singing too loud in church, though.)
Like Reb, not bazkitball oriented, but I DO root for good guys.
Here,Spur enviers, this is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-S829OPCqg

FR
PS: I are in ur endzone, wearing a Crimson n' Cream jersey.

Last edited by FlyRod; 06-15-07 at 04:22 PM.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-07, 05:29 PM   #4
WTL

Old timer, you complain about me complaining about the suspension of Stodamire and Diaw, then you complain about USC and UT and how they don't get railroaded by the NCAA, then you complain some more about how people complain about OU and the clear violations of NCAA rules they have made yet you don't complain when a miscarriage of justice hurts another team; and through it all, you feel justified in using a term like sour grapes?
Old 06-16-07, 02:32 AM   #5
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Old timer, you complain about me complaining about the suspension of Stodamire and Diaw, then you complain about USC and UT and how they don't get railroaded by the NCAA, then you complain some more about how people complain about OU and the clear violations of NCAA rules they have made yet you don't complain when a miscarriage of justice hurts another team; and through it all, you feel justified in using a term like sour grapes?
Well, Sonny,

You fired the first shot, So; I did NOT complain about anything. I simply (and truthfully,) stated fact. Why would punishing USC and Notre Dame be "Railroading" when the infractions at OU were committed by two spoiled-brat players (who were made that way by doting parents and butt-kissing HS coaches,) NOT the staff or the university are, in the sour-grape minds, grounds for heavy sanctions.
If you want to see examples of how the have-nots hate the haves, to the point of obsession, check out the message boards of the Sooners' rivals in the Southern Division of the Large Dozen. Here's a handy link:

http://members.cox.net/soonerlynx/othermbs/index.htm

The two fan bases most afflicted are those, not of YooTee, but of Oklahoma State and the one where the 'Bama ex works his magic. In the Northern Division, only The Children Of The Corn seem bitten by the bug, though not so fatally. That, in particular, is a crying shame since there was always great respect and, yes, affection, between the Huskers and the Sooners until one Wm. Callahan referred to the Sooner fan base (after a severe buttkicking at Owen Field) as "Effing Hillbillies". Yeah, Ol' Bill is in a class by himself...wellll, there IS Nick.

All this notwithstanding, WTL, we have a new season to enjoy just around the corner. We, as lovers of The Crimson Tide and The Crimson n' Cream, have better things to do than natter about that we cannot change.

By the way, I only chose the Sooners' as a convenient example of a team that is envied, admired, AND hated, simply because of their success over decades, not because I happen to be a Sooner fan. I might just as well, had it occured to me, to use the NY Yankees as my example but I have even less interest in baseball than I do in hoops.

All this being said, let me state unequivocally that I much enjoy 'Bama football (and the babes!) Since our home-and-home series of a few years ago there has been a love feast between OU and UA, despite the outcome of the two games. Much of this has to do with 'Bama fans' delight at the way OU "welcomed" a certain former 'Bama coach to the Big 12 in '03, 'tis said. UA fans appear regularly on our message boards, BTW.

Here's one for you, WTL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hx9XM0CrWs

And one for me :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuePqhjmpNA

FR

Last edited by FlyRod; 06-16-07 at 06:02 AM.
Old 06-20-07, 11:54 PM   #6
islandflyfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to islandflyfisher

One of the sports ralk radios was saying that the Cavs might be the worst Finals team ever. If you think about it. They would be one of the worst teams in the west.

Robert Horry's cheap shot + Stupid Rule = Spurs Championship
Robert Horry should have been there MVP because is the reason they got there.
islandflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-07, 12:59 PM   #7
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandflyfisher View Post
One of the sports ralk radios was saying that the Cavs might be the worst Finals team ever. If you think about it. They would be one of the worst teams in the west.

Robert Horry's cheap shot + Stupid Rule = Spurs Championship
Robert Horry should have been there MVP because is the reason they got there.
Well, everyone is entitled to his/her/it's opinion.
BTW, IFF, re your avatar...Which one are you?..........

FR
Old 06-22-07, 07:35 PM   #8
WTL

FlyRod, I already know that Bama fans appear regularly on the sooner boards - I am one of them. The Sooner fans have been great.

The reason I used the term railroaded is because I know what it means. And you can say what you will about how nobody at OU on teh administrative level was involved with their latest violations - but you are preaching to the choir when it comes to me - you see we were given the 2nd most severe penalty ever by the NCAA (2nd only to SMU, who was shut down for 1 year). And yet, at the handing out of our penalties the NCAA lauded our compliance department as the most proactive they had ever seen. They even hired the man who was our compliance director, Gene Marsh, to be head of NCAA infractions.

In other words, the NCAA said "well Bama, you did everything in your power to be as clean as possible, but we are still going to destroy your football program and severly hurt the entire UA community just to make an example out of a majestic southern football school" They did this while I was a student at UA. Think I'm bitter?

That is what they did. That is why whenever someone complains about the NCAA, and how they dont deserve punishment, I roll my eyes. That said, I hate it for OU that they are again trying to make an example out of the flagship big 12 team, why the NCAA gets these grudges with certain schools I don't know. Its not fair to you and it wasnt fair to us. I almost wonder if money is changing hands between L.A. or Columbus or Knoxville and Indianapolis. Someone might be bought. Thats the only rational explanation I can come up with for the arbitrary way the NCAA deals with member institutions.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.