Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-07, 07:10 AM   #1
fishinrookie
BassFishin.Com Member

Default new to fl.

I just moved to central florida and there is a lot of lakes around me so I drove all over looking for a good spot to go fishing for bass. I seen alot of water but no good spot to get close to it to fish.I dont have a boat does any one have any good spots they want to give up to help a guy out please thank you for any imfo or advice I surely could use it. im from way up north toledo ohio
fishinrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-07, 09:03 AM   #2
cdubya
BassFishin.Com Member

lizardsrule should definitely be able to help you on that end.. only thing i would suggest is before just driving up to it and fishing it ask the locals how bad the gators are in that area..
cdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-07, 12:58 PM   #3
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Dont worry about the Gators, that shouldnt deter you away from a fishing hole.

Anyways what part of Central Florida? I used to live in the Winter Park area before moving to Tallahassee. Depending on where you are, there are some fantastic lakes, their names escape me at the moment, its been a while since I've lived there. The St. Johns river system holds good bassin as well.

Though you dont have a boat... well I am familiar with that since I dont either. Pretty much any golf course you can get onto will have some good fishin' in the ponds. I used to tear up the bass at the Heathrow Country Club. What I found out about living down there, pretty much every pond and lake held bass. And there are soo many that your bound to find a few you can easily fish. If you can tell me what area your in I might know of a few ponds, since Central Florida is a broad area.
Old 10-02-07, 02:07 PM   #4
fishinrookie
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks guys I live in ocala florida.
Old 10-02-07, 02:18 PM   #5
fishinrookie
BassFishin.Com Member

oh I forgot to mention that I got a boat i got my dads its A 1969 peterborough royal 16 ft alum. with a 25 h.p evinrude. i never herd of that kind of boat has any one herd of it.if so is it any good.its in reel good shape its a V bottom. will that be ok for florida dont realy see to many of them they are all flat bottoms. thanks for all your help
Old 10-02-07, 06:12 PM   #6
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

As long as it floats its a good boat. Lots of people own V-hulls in Florida. I havent fished Ocala, but I can tell you there is some great fishing in the Ocala National Forest. I think Rodman_Rob fishes that area, though havent seen him on here lately. If he shows up he'll be able to help you out most likely.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.