Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-07, 11:00 AM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default fall fishing at its best

Denny n me hit brookville again, this time air temp was mid 70s, water temp 74-76...we went to shallow water and followed shad, bass busting everywhere and got several smallmouth on rattletrap and denny hit em on the bomber shad crankbait...got a few more in the shade on a spinnerbait.
We hit much deeper water about 6 miles south of the ramp and got into 6-7 nicer bass that averaged 4 lbs on dampeoples chatterbait, chartruse.
Most on treetops, kept the boat in 14-23 feet of water and cast into the trees till dark...
Tried the fluke and the zookers stein, not much that day, bass were in the busting shad mode..this is about the 5th or 6th weekend dennys got out to the big lakes, he got his personnel best last night right at sunset 4+ largemouth.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-07, 11:28 AM   #2
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default fantastic

Yeah,it was awesome.I went out several weeks in a row just to come up empty,and to a fisherman as myself you start to question yourself.Well lastnight finally made up for all the long hours I have logged on the boat.
Watching the shad everywhere was fun too.They were busting everywhere up in the upper end of B-ville lake.Up there Jb nailed a very nice 3+lb bass on a blue back/chrome Rat-L-Trap.Also the trip was almost ruined.We were cruising along and my boat motor started choking out on me and then died.Well puzzled by this I went to re-start it and it fired over.I told Jb that I put a different kinda oil in it it was Walmarts Super tech I think was the name.The oil was blue...which in the first place kinda had me concerned at the gas station filling up.Anyway later on went to the other end up north went to leave I fired the motor up and realized I left the motor up this truley SUCKED.I went and dropped the motor down and it wouldn't fire over,it was cranking just no fire,Jb and I messed with it I made sure the spark plugs were getting the connection ect.We tried again and I worked fine ever since and fished on........Thank GOD! cause we wouldn't have gotten to the big girls if not.I have never caught 4+lber It's a personal best ....I'm very very happy.CHATTERBAIT?I LOVE THEM...Chart skirt w/whit trailer grub.We had an awesome day.
Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-07, 12:08 PM   #3
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Sounds like you two inseparable bassers had a good night. How big do the Bass grow there in the Buckeye?. Anyway, a 4 lbr is a nice bass to hang any way you look at it. Congrats on the catch. Carpy
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-07, 01:45 PM   #4
Denny_K

Default Hello

Hi and thanks carpman.I don't know really,I have heard of 6lb bass being pulled out of here but I sure there a BIG MOMMA or BIG MOMMA's in there is a killer lake very nice 15 to 16 miles long...very nice.Thanks again CM!!
Denny
Old 09-30-07, 01:48 PM   #5
texasbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

Sounds like ya'll had a great time.. I havent been fishing in my lake for a longgggg time, this post is going to make me go today.

tb
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-07, 02:29 PM   #6
JB

Heres the average size of most we got in the last cove we hit, lots of big smiles after a handfull of these.
click to enlarge:
Click image for larger version

Name:	denny-bigMama.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1801

Click image for larger version

Name:	JB-brookville lake.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1802
Old 09-30-07, 03:12 PM   #7
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Jb, If that’s the average size you’ll are catching , then you are onto some nice healthy looking bass. The rattle trap is an awesome bait. Nice pics, keep em comming. Carpy
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-07, 03:29 PM   #8
JB

thanks carpy!
we started out getting much smaller size small mouth up by quaker town, in the shade/sun line along rock and timbers. I got one 3 lb er in the north end where all the shad were flipping and water temp 74, SE wind 8 and air temp mid 60s. As the day went on and heated up, we went to much deeper water of about 74-76 and air temp by then was mid 70's...as soon as we went into this cut next to deep water, Denny had 4 of 'em before I realized I had to change my purple skirt to chartreuse, and put down lizards FinS I had been working....ah the chatter bait has proved itself to me and denny after years of ridicule LOL
Old 09-30-07, 04:33 PM   #9
Denny_K

Default thanks

Thanks JB for posting the pics....well do it again very soon. Texasbasser you had better get out there...your missing out .Ther's some major HOOOOGGGGSSS at the buffet in the lake and there waiting on dinner my friend.......so get out there. As far as I'm concerned Christmas was yesterday,A day like yesterday Ive been waiting on for yeeeaaarrsssss.
Living in the Western part of Ohio days like this are far and few......so
thanks Santa.....lol
Old 09-30-07, 04:38 PM   #10
JB

Yes Denny,
some of the hits on the chatterbait were "jaw dropping" to say the least, after we saw what was tugging at the other end of the line.

Hey Denny, could you bring the map in tomorrow so I can have Frame show me those foundations in relation to the power wires? thanks.....
Old 09-30-07, 06:09 PM   #11
Denny_K

Default Lol

My God that's funny good work with the photoshop!!!Yeah I'll bring the map in....no prob.Jaw dropping...yes. ceezzzya Denny
Old 09-30-07, 08:41 PM   #12
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Hey JB, where is this "Brookeville Lake"? Is it in Ohio? Just wondering because you said it had shad in it and for some reason I thought you lived in Ohio, and that got me wondering - Shad in Ohio?....

-LL-
Old 09-30-07, 10:16 PM   #13
Denny_K

Default Shad

I know I'm not JB but Yeah we both live in Eaton Ohio,and Brookville lake is in Indiana.It's in the eastern part of Indiana.Goggle it or go to weather.com and look it up on the map.Shad yes they were every where,mainly in the north end of the lake and in the cove's stuff like that.The bass were busting them everywhere in the upper end.The lake offer's alot of different cover/structure,vegitation,and grass.I'm slowly starting to seeing more and more of the lake.This is Jb's old stomping ground with his fishing buddy's from his club if i remember correctly.If you do fish Ohio sometime whatever you do DONOT fish at a lake called Ceasars Creek it BBBBLLLOOOOWWWWWWZZZZZZZ really.It's refered to as the Dead Sea...TRUE. Takecare Denny
Old 10-01-07, 01:22 AM   #14
thebus71h

Send a message via AIM to thebus71h

Alright, I need both of you to tell me where in the world you're catching all those fish! Mainly the only body of water we fish at, and I can pull 12 inch fish out of there, but only 7 or 8 keepers all year!

We normally launch out of Fairfield. We've been finding some fish on wood, and been playing with the rocky points, and well all the points for that matter, but just haven't had much luck.

PS. If either one of you would ever like to take me fishing out there and show me some of these spots and techniques first hand, I'd be more than happy to let you take me. LOL
Billy Rowlee #71h
thebus71h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-07, 07:27 AM   #15
JB

Hey,
I figured you'd chime in LOL....we launched in at fairfield ramp and went up the idle zone north, fished the "hole in the wall" near the power lines, then hit all the east side of the lake across from quakertown...most of the fish were on wood/timbers....the rest of the day we fished south of the golf course cut on down to the cause way on the east side.
Old 10-01-07, 05:32 PM   #16
zooker

fyi jb does NOT own a stien.. reb,tommyk,laser,lizard,cranky,and brotha love do own the beast from the east.. nomention of jb any where in there..

yes laser i heard ya 4 to go, 7.1 series.. do ya want fries wid dat too??

zooker
Old 10-01-07, 06:00 PM   #17
JB

i figured out how to make them years ago zooker, the locals here use them when the water gets another 10 degrees cooler
Old 10-01-07, 08:09 PM   #18
crankybait

Jb- why are you such a fishing/photoshop monster? haha I have yet to catch with the rattletrap. Actually I havent been bassin much this year... gotta love Honors Chem. 2 hours of Homework a night, man I gotta wet a line.
Old 10-02-07, 07:30 AM   #19
JB

cranky, lol on ps a bass ....I've been to busy with the new bike and fishing to fiddle around with photoshop, plus getting threats from zooker LOL
Old 10-02-07, 06:15 PM   #20
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Cranky, looks like you stumbled onto the wrong chemistry teacher, I'm in Chem Honors as well and we just make goo, blow stuff up, and light things on fire. No homework, but my other classes make up for that...
Old 10-02-07, 07:57 PM   #21
thebus71h

Send a message via AIM to thebus71h

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Hey,
I figured you'd chime in LOL....we launched in at fairfield ramp and went up the idle zone north, fished the "hole in the wall" near the power lines, then hit all the east side of the lake across from quakertown...most of the fish were on wood/timbers....the rest of the day we fished south of the golf course cut on down to the cause way on the east side.
I've fished the hole in the wall quite a few times and never got bit so far this year. Where at on the timber were they at? What I've found has been right up near the banks.
Billy Rowlee #71h
thebus71h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-07, 07:57 PM   #22
crankybait

Grr lucky you... we blow stuff up, make goo, and bend glass with fire, only to write a 10 page paper on it for three days afterwards.
JB- you get anything done to the bike?
Old 10-02-07, 09:11 PM   #23
JB

Cranky, just changed the oil and gave it another cleaning/wax job.

thebus...we noticed smaller ones on the bank and bigger ones near any shad and wood, no matter what depth they were in, like 4 ft, 7ft, 14 feet, as long as shad were busting near any wood across from quakertown, throw a fast moving shad colored crankbait.
Old 10-02-07, 09:25 PM   #24
bassfisher02

Yeah, I lucked out in Chemistry, but I'm currently going on 2 1/2 hours writing a paper analyzing the ways in which Gary Soto recreates the experience of his guilty 6 year old self, in his autobiographical narrative. Most 2 1/2 hours because I keep getting side-tracked, but probably a solid 1 1/2 hours if I were to do it straight up. Not to mention we were just assigned a term paper. APLang sucks.
Old 10-02-07, 09:26 PM   #25
bassfisher02

By the way, great lookin' fish JB and Denny! Haha.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.