Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-10, 11:42 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default The depression is setting in.

Well guys, I'm in a major funk. The only way I can see getting out of it is by heading down to Bamas place to do a little bass fishin. But with Him and Lisa celebrating there 21st, that would be rude of me. Plus our 25th is next Tuesday and I'm sure I should be here for that. You see, yesterday, I put the boat away for the winter, along with the fishin tackle. I could actually hear all the little lures in the tackle bags crying out noooooooo. I appoligized to them, and to my rods who were snaging every nook and crany in the boat refusing to come out willingly. My heart was breaking right along with theirs. It will be about 20 weeks before I get the boat back out on the water to do some serious bass fishing. Untill then I'll have to just try to endure watching more Bill Dance catchin all those monster bass from those private lakes while I get my exercise pushing around a snow blower. They are expecting the temps to drop into the upper 20's tonight, so I guess it's a good thing I got the deed done when I did. Ohhh Flint Lake, I'm going to miss you.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 06:32 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Service the snow blower.................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 07:29 AM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I know how you feel Keith, since I'm pretty much done bassing, but luckily, we've still got access to fishing.

The walleye are starting to bite at night near some of the piers, so we may be heading up there this weekend. Just hoping this wind hasn't ruined the bite.

The only thing you can do now to alleviate the depression is to...

BUY MORE TACKLE!!! (Did you expect me to say something else?) You can only put off the inevitable for so long by organizing your gear, drooling at BPS, and just browsing TW.

Good luck!

BB
Old 10-29-10, 08:57 AM   #4
walkeraviator

This year I have convinced my father to not winterize the boat. Gonna fish all winter if we can. Bet day of fishin my whole life was on Kentucky lake. Caught two limits over 2# a piece ona point within site of the marina. Had to shovel snow out of the boat every 30 minutes of so as the weight had te water level up to the rub rails
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 09:21 AM   #5
WaffleJaw

Keith this sounds like a perfect time to pick up a new fishing related hobby!..Make some more lures,Detail your reels (maybe supertune em) Learn rod building, enter a hot dog eating contest.
Just becuse you cant fish never means you cant prepare to fish.
Also buy lots of tackle...Especially concentrate on things you dont need!
Old 10-29-10, 09:29 AM   #6
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I feel your pain. I have honey-dos that will keep me tied up the next few weekends. I am getting the urge to go fishing. I will hit the water at least once before Christmas.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 11:40 PM   #7
keithdog

Well guys, that all sounds good. I'll definately be preparing for next season and making plans. Getting the tackle in order, making new spinnerbaits and so on. I can allways do a little fishin from shore untill ice up. And I can always head to lake Michigan to do some fishing for salmon and trout casting off the pier. But have to buy a stamp for that so I'll wait untill after the new year. Actually I'm thinking about getting a part time job working at our BPS. That might be pretty fun, and who knows who I might meet.
Old 10-30-10, 05:59 AM   #8
walkeraviator

I almost took a second job workin at the BPS here... and my best friend was offered a job workin their gun counter... but his job doesnt really leave time for a second job and i dont need the money enought to skip time with my baby girl.
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 06:13 AM   #9
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Well guys, that all sounds good. I'll definately be preparing for next season and making plans. Getting the tackle in order, making new spinnerbaits and so on. I can allways do a little fishin from shore untill ice up. And I can always head to lake Michigan to do some fishing for salmon and trout casting off the pier. But have to buy a stamp for that so I'll wait untill after the new year. Actually I'm thinking about getting a part time job working at our BPS. That might be pretty fun, and who knows who I might meet.

You'll meet a baitmonkey with a BPS discount and that my dear dog is a good thing.
Old 10-30-10, 09:06 AM   #10
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
[/B]
You'll meet a baitmonkey with a BPS discount and that my dear dog is a good thing.
haha, well thats sounds pretty good also.
Old 10-30-10, 09:35 AM   #11
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Keith, with BPS employee discount, you won't make any money at all!

You'll have a whole arsenal of those PQs!

BB
Old 10-30-10, 11:33 AM   #12
Bassboss

putting stuff away already keith?? Come on man, it's droped in the high teens at night here, and I'm only getting started!! I won't stop fishing untill the water is hard! Then it's onto the deer!
Old 10-31-10, 01:23 PM   #13
bamabassman

why do you think you are gona need to BRING andything keith? you KNOW i got all that is needed to go fishing man. jsut let me know when you wanna come down.
Old 10-31-10, 03:08 PM   #14
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post

BB
Yeah you got that right!!! hahahaha
Old 10-31-10, 03:09 PM   #15
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
putting stuff away already keith?? Come on man, it's droped in the high teens at night here, and I'm only getting started!! I won't stop fishing untill the water is hard! Then it's onto the deer!
haha, well there was a day when I said the same thing. But with a home and family there comes other responsibilities.
Old 10-31-10, 04:54 PM   #16
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
haha, well there was a day when I said the same thing. But with a home and family there comes other responsibilities.

Yeah! lol... Like keeping up with your favorite NFL team. GO COLTS!!!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-10, 05:09 PM   #17
nofearengineer

I feel you, Keith...although my depression has been nearly all year. This has got to be the worst year ever for fishing, coupled with my other issues.

However, I just bought something to keep me busy this winter. I got a '73 big block Chevy 454 to toy around with pretty cheap. I already have dreams of a 700hp street car to keep my mind busy while I wait out the cold. Of course, that'll be expensive as hell...but it's about the fun, right?
Old 11-01-10, 01:45 AM   #18
Old Hooker
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post

BB
I'm working on the arsenal now, I have 3 so far.

My winter time projects mainly revolve around casting bullets and reloading all next years ammo.
Old 11-01-10, 11:17 PM   #19
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Yeah! lol... Like keeping up with your favorite NFL team. GO COLTS!!!

-Mark
^5 woody GO COLTS!!!
Old 11-01-10, 11:49 PM   #20
Old Hooker

Man, I can't wait to get my boat! I've fished my rear end off for the past six weeks fishing off the bank, and all I have to show for it are two bass and a stripe. I'm going to spend the next four months dreaming about fishing out of my very own boat.
Old 11-02-10, 07:35 AM   #21
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hooker View Post
Man, I can't wait to get my boat! I've fished my rear end off for the past six weeks fishing off the bank, and all I have to show for it are two bass and a stripe. I'm going to spend the next four months dreaming about fishing out of my very own boat.
It definately adds a ton of enjoyment being free from the shoreline. I hope you get it soon. My boat is a small 12 foot jon which in my small area lakes works well, but it doesnt hold all that much. With all I take with me, it gets very congested. But I can launch it anywhere and have caught tons of fish in the old girl.
Old 11-02-10, 03:49 PM   #22
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I feel you, Keith...although my depression has been nearly all year. This has got to be the worst year ever for fishing, coupled with my other issues.

However, I just bought something to keep me busy this winter. I got a '73 big block Chevy 454 to toy around with pretty cheap. I already have dreams of a 700hp street car to keep my mind busy while I wait out the cold. Of course, that'll be expensive as hell...but it's about the fun, right?
The good thing about big block Chevy's is that you can make alot of power for not alot of money....And, Yes, its all about the fun....and the need for speed...lol
Old 11-02-10, 08:20 PM   #23
bamabassman

just a reminder gang. ya'll tell yer monkeys that oyu gotta save up some dough for the GET TOGETHER next spring ok? i am still thinking on it and gonna do it. so let that help oyu folks through the coming cold months ok?
Old 11-03-10, 12:49 AM   #24
nofearengineer

Well, John.....as one of only three people who actually made the past two years' get togethers, I don't think my attending the next one is in doubt.
Old 11-03-10, 01:01 AM   #25
Old Hooker

Alright John, I must have played hooky that day. (Did I just say "hooky" on a fishing forum?) Give me the details on the spring get together please.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.