Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-05, 01:54 AM   #1
Jigdropper
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Fishing a New Lake

Hey new member here. I'm headed to a fairly small but deep clear lake Wednesday. I hear that bass fishing is pretty tough there. I'm anticipating alot of rocky banks. I havent fish in these conditions much and I'm not sure how to approach it. I'd think to start pretty deep 15- 20 ft. What do yall think? Plastic ,cranks, carolina, texas, Jigs? I'd appreciate any advice.
Jigdropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 04:49 AM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

jig what is the name of this lake ? i belive my good buddy from crochet arkin in slaw can answer this one.

hey laser..

zooker
Old 08-16-05, 07:00 AM   #3
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm here ole buddy. If I was gonna fish a lake like you described and I used to fish these ALOT the first thing I would do is talk to the locals and find out what lures are the ones of choice, But if I was goin in blind start on the points first and use mu electronics to look for humps. Humps on lakes like this are GREAT. Start off with topwaters in colors that match the hatch and then switch to jigs and plasctics. Now if I could find some humps work the edges with with cranks or c-rigs and let the bass tell you what they want and then agaun switch to jigs or plastics. In these type waters I always use a search bait and then go to jigs or plastics to really work a area over. This tactic has always worked for me. If the fish are spooky or slow go small if they are willing to hit go with regular size or even bigger IF they will take it. But again let the fish tell ya what they want. Good luck and remeber when all else fails go to jigs and plastics, you can always catch fish on them.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 11:16 AM   #4
Jigdropper
BassFishin.Com Member

The name of the lake is Clearwater Lake. Its probably an hour north of me near Petosie,MO . Been there?. After I posted my message last night I got back on the net and found a map of this lake with fish cover marked and some of it is along the old river bed . I appreciate your replys. I'll let ya know how it goes.
Old 08-17-05, 06:08 AM   #5
1FASTLASER

LOL Small world we live in. I was just talking to a buddy of mine the other day bout the same lake. Yes indeed that lake has some deepwater and can be kinda tough to fish. I fished it several years ago when I lived in South Missouri. To the best my memory serves me one of the best areas that I had found was the big cove located to the left of the state park. By this I mean put your boat in and with the boat ramp to your back go left and you will go around a main lake point and it opens up into a pretty good size kickback. Using your electronics find the old channel and using crankbaits fish the bends in the channel. We used to catch a lot of decent fish doing that. When they werent as aggresive we would go to jijgs and still come up with some decent catches. Good luck and let us know how you do.
Old 08-17-05, 06:58 PM   #6
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

like two were not bad nough we'ins is searounded buy them there aki-in -sawins. RUN!!! bout a minute they'ns will be decussin weiners and beer..

zooker
Old 08-18-05, 08:34 PM   #7
1FASTLASER

Hey buddy you where the one that summoned me from the DARK SIDE. LOL and who are you to talk about arlaslawyuns.,did they ever get wood floors over there in hillbilly land.
Old 08-19-05, 06:21 PM   #8
Jigdropper
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey thanks for the help but unfortunately I got postponed. Maybe in a week or two. Never fails someones always got an opinion on Arkinsa. WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO. PPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG SSSSSOOOOOOIIIIEEE!!!!!!! By the way....What the HE!! is a Tarheel.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.