Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-07, 04:44 PM   #1
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander
Default Rapala DT FAT3

Anyone use this new bait yet? Looks great. Square bill, nice and heavy, 1/2OZ, and I got me one last weekend at Cabela's. As is the norm for new Rapalas, it was ex*****ive, not as expensive as the Minnow Rap though, which I may say I am not impressed with. The new DT ran me $7.29 for the "Hot Mustard" color. Can't wait to give it a run in the Spring! I also picked up a Shad Rap in "Firetiger" while I was there.

-LL-
Old 12-19-07, 07:59 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yep i have several the lips tend to break very easily. so watch wacking it against stuff out of the water. you know rip rap, docks, those oh dam cast..

zooker
Old 12-19-07, 11:57 PM   #3
Rebbasser

Break a bait by hitting something on the cast? Never happens
Old 12-20-07, 01:28 PM   #4
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Ok, now this is just bad. One day I was out on my pond (that has no structure) and broke 3 lures. This is how it happened. I was out in our 14' v-hull casting away, when I noticed the boat was close to the shore, I turned and rowed back to the middle and pulled up some achor line. It must of been where I was sitting, but on the backswing, by lure (a storm wee wart) hit the side of the boat, and the lip broke off. Three times this happened, with another wee wart and then another crankbait of which brand I can't recall.

Anyway's I've been a lot more careful after that. I still need to watch out for trees...

BB
Old 12-20-07, 02:47 PM   #5
Wishing2BFishing

I absolutely love the DTs. Gotta whole box of DTs in different colors and for different depths. So, now it looks like I gotta pick up this new Fat DT.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 04:47 PM   #6
3dkicker

Looks like an old Bagley's.....everything old is new again? Something like that.
Old 12-20-07, 10:10 PM   #7
zooker

very true..3rd kicker..

zooker
Old 12-21-07, 11:41 PM   #8
3dkicker

Zook...you ever see one of these before? (I thought with the description of the Zookenstein that you may have been involved in it's creation.)

I met an old man working at a small store on Buggs a few years ago and he was selling them. The owner of the shop told us later that the guy used to make them back in the 70's and really tore up the bass on them. He stopped making them, moved away, and 30 years later was back in the area and was making them again.
It works like a buzzbait but you can actually make it zig zag as you retrieve it by changing the direction of your rod tip. It has something to do with the first or second blade.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	071221_213454.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1879  
Old 12-22-07, 10:30 AM   #9
zooker

the shop was "bobcats" near clarksville.. they are the ONLY ones that sell them. i have several of those blades -very cool- design is unreal..i don't say this often but they impresed me...

zooker
Old 12-22-07, 03:27 PM   #10
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
Break a bait by hitting something on the cast? Never happens
Yea NEVER happens unless its one of those LC's that SOMEBODY finally talked me into trying ............aint that right ole buddyZOOKER

But I will admit the damn things catch fish a little better than I had anticipated originally. The actually have been outfishing my beloved Bandits.
Old 12-22-07, 07:33 PM   #11
keithdog

I bought a couple of them late in the season Lunker and really like them. I was suprised at how well they deflected off anything wood. I was actually trying to get one hung up on logs, branches and such, and never once was able to. It has good action and a great selection of colors. I'm looking foreward to using them this year.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-07, 07:42 PM   #12
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Me too!

-Lunker-
Old 12-24-07, 01:08 PM   #13
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
the shop was "bobcats" near clarksville.. they are the ONLY ones that sell them. i have several of those blades -very cool- design is unreal..i don't say this often but they impresed me...zooker
Zooker,
Picked mine up at the old shop north of Clarkesville before it was torn down and the new store was added. Maybe they were selling them at "Bob's" too. "Bob's" has really changed since I first started fishing Buggs years ago. Too bad too because it was the place to go to if you couldn't find a bait elsewhere. They had some great stuff.

"..they impressed me..." hmmm perhaps you made a small purchase ????

Sorry everyone for getting off the DT topic. Bobcat's has a great selection of crankbaits and they do many of the big shows around VA, MD, and NC. (Thought I'd tie in a couple posts!!)

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.