Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-07, 05:03 AM   #1
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 15-Minute Fishing Report 09-28-07

I stopped be the lake for another little 15-minute fishing stint before meeting up with the Mrs. and was very excited to get into some topwater action.

As luck would have it, I realized upon opening the trunk that I forgot to put my backpack which holds my casting reel and lures. Arrgghhh!!! Fortunately, my spinning rod and drop shot bag were in there. It wasn’t what I wanted to fish with, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Overcast weather is now the norm and today was no exception. I set up my rig and proceeded to fish as some really dark, ominous looking clouds approached.

Then, the drips came down; slowly and inconsistently at first. Shortly afterward, its tempo increased. The speed at which I was working my lure seemed to proportionately correspond to that of the falling rain.

As if it couldn’t get any worse, hail decided to keep the rain company. It was at this point I was starting to get upset. Not because of the rain, and not even because of the hail. I was starting to get peeved that I only had as much time to fish as my windbreaker and jeans could sustain getting soaked. I couldn’t afford to appear soaked or soggy since I was meeting up with the Mrs. for dinner!!

There I stood, in the rain, and despite getting pelted by the hail, frozen hands, chattering teeth, shivering shoulders, and all, I actually didn’t mind the weather.

The only other thing that irritated me was that every piece of hail that hit my line sent a pulse to my fingers giving me what I deemed interference. Imagine that! Fishing is cold weather with a light jacket and feeling like a frozen fish stick, and I’m more upset at the hail sending junk data to my hands.

I had to call it quits to meet with the Mrs. at mall that wasn’t even three-quarters of a mile away. Leaving, the lake, God made me remember that He has a sense of humor. As I pulled out of the park and drove toward the mall, I noticed that the streets and pavement were completely dry. The sun was even shining!! It didn’t even rain at the mall, yet the park looked like a winter wonderland. I was going to use the, “Gosh, the weather was brutal line” to “cover my fishing tracks” and account for my wet appearance, but that card was taken away.

She looked at me and said, “You went fishing, didn’t you.” I got nailed, but I didn’t get in trouble. To add salt to the wound, no bass nor any other fish to make it worth the whole ordeal.

Thanks for bearing with me. I had to get that experience off of my chest.

Conditions: Overcast, Rain and Hail
Temp: Not sure, but I felt frozen. Perhaps 55 deg
Gear: 2 Piece Shimano Compre/Symetre, 8# P-line Fluoroclear, Zoom Finesse Worm

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.