Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-09, 09:25 PM   #1
bigjim
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default retrieve on a carolina rig

Wow been awhile since ive been here...

first off , Ive been a die-hard spinner bait guy for quite awhile, (pretty much all i was fishing were spinners) i do have plastics as well, worms, lizards ect. but never really knew how to effectively use them or rig them i should say so i'd get fed-up and go back to spinnerbaits..
well I finally got sick of using just spinnerbaits and wanted to learn how to properly use those plastics i have. figured id give the carolina rig a shot
as far as the rig itself and rigging my plastics texas style im all good, got that down pat..i think its the retrieve im having a problem with i guess you could say., i mean, i know you dont burn the bait back to you, but do you wanna go super super slow? ive been doing it somewhat too slow i think cause i keep getting snagged .( the weight getting caught between rocks im suspecting)

the way i have been doing it so far is cast out..wait till my sinker hits bottom...reel up the slack....then sweeping the rod,, at the end of the sweep motion reel up the slack as i move the rod back to where i started and repeat...

this is what i read on some web-site so i figured id give it a go. all the videos ive found on the carolina rig all discuss how to rig it up, but cant find a video of anyone showing you a proper retrieve for using it. unless the way i mentioned above how ive been going at it is correct?

well i did catch 1 today using a lizard, although small i still got em. id like to know if it was the teqnique rather than just dumb luck..

thanks guys, Good to be Back
bigjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.