Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-07, 08:56 AM   #1
usngsm2
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to usngsm2
Default P-line EVO

I went and brought me a spool of the 17# test and as of yet haven't spool it on anything. I noticed that it really is abrasion resistant. I flossed with it on wisdom and insissors and it was just as slick as it was when I got it out the box. Before I strung it up I wanted to know, has anyone used it and for application did you use it for?
I dont know about you but that is how I test for abrasion, not between the teeth but the tops. I learned that from an older fellow, and it works for me.
usngsm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-07, 09:19 AM   #2
leroy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to leroy

3 out of 5 Dentists Approve!!
leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-07, 01:28 PM   #3
usngsm2
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah, I know it's probably not the best thing, but so is biting the line when you have clippers in your pocket. Habit is hard to break. I am not recommending that to anyone just sharing my findings. Still I thought of it as remarkable as the line didn't even fray! One other thing before I go is that cajun line. It's cheap that is true but on a spinning outfit it's hard to beat with a little reel magic.
Old 05-21-07, 03:05 PM   #4
leroy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to leroy

I always have wondered if the actual color of the line really mattered that much. I have used the same lb test and same brand line in 2 different colors and havnt noticed any difference. But the Bright Red Cajun Line just kinda scares me...
leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-07, 06:38 PM   #5
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

watch this line i have been using it for a while now on shakey heads on spinning it is very kinky and spool memery is god aweful. even after van dams spray... but works good on baitcasters. it likes to break without warning..

if i was not headed for the clearest lake in north carolina i would yank it off and use something differant.. but lake james this upcoming weekend is so clear 20 visability is average..

zooker
Old 05-21-07, 07:10 PM   #6
usngsm2
BassFishin.Com Member

Default unclear Zooker

I am not sure as to what line you are referring to Zooker. but as far as the cajun stuff it take well to spinning tacking and I use 10# in very, very clear water with no problem at all. I usually try to stay with the green color but really I am not sure if that really matters 'cause no matter to color of the line, all line makes a sound as it travels through the water.
Old 05-21-07, 10:02 PM   #7
keithdog

I've been trying the P Line Evo this year and so far I am giving it a big thumbs down. Like Zooker said, it has trouble breaking off. I was using 15 pound on a couple casting outfits, and 12 pound on a spinning rigs. The memory is bad. And I definately do not like the way it handles comming off my spinning reels, and I also do not like how it handles knot tying. It does not sinch down as smoothly as the Trilene XL or Silver Thread. As far as my casting reels, it' cast fine with them. However the issues of knot tying and breaking still persist. I got tired of it and replaced it recently, and I am a much happier camper.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-07, 06:13 PM   #8
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by usngsm2 View Post
I am not sure as to what line you are referring to Zooker.
p-line evo

i am using 15 pound test on two bait casters and 8 pound on 2 spinning rods. i have broken it on a hookset at the knot. you must add as gunny would say "slobber" to the line prior to the snugging it up..

i also had 2 reels loaded with p-line halo. this stuff is major junk..i lost 7 spinner baits and 5 crankbaits on halo.. every time the line broke in the reel -under my thumb- up on the cast. this stuff would splinter where it broke.

after this up coming trip that floro is headed for the dumpster...

me and floro are done..

zooker
Old 05-24-07, 08:11 PM   #9
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

So far so good, but my only beef is that what I feared the most was that it would would a memory issue since it is made from nylon (as is mono) and I was right.

It is not a problem at all for bc reels, but I wouldn't even think of using this on a spinning reel. On the bright side, I have found it to be quite abrasion resistant and its castibility is superb. Oh yeah. This is 12# test.

If memory is an unsightly thing for you, then you will not like this line because of the memory it retains.
Old 05-24-07, 11:27 PM   #10
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Maybe you got an old spool of Halo Zooker, I really like what I have on. 6# on the shaky head rig and had 12# on a worm rod (had a problem casting with the reel so I turned off all brakes and had the worst backlash evar, had to cut it all off)
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-07, 03:14 PM   #11
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Zook,

Have you ever tried XPS Fluorocarbon? I've been using it lately and like it a lot. It's VERY abrasion resistant, great knot strength, and very little memory. I think I've finally found what I'm looking for in a Fluorocarbon line. My brother really likes the Yozuri Fluoro but he's just started using it so the jury is still out on it. I'll let you know.

Eric
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-07, 08:53 AM   #12
usngsm2
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Let's get down to the bottom of this

This is what I am talking about people. Dialogue. Now there is a tournament coming up here in jax, florida and the word on the street is
you'd better have a drop-shot rigged with floro. But if Zooker lost all those lures then I don't even want to try it. Just in s/b alone he's probably looking at five bucks a piece. Now I have read that KVD using bps floro, but if he really uses it is anyone's guess. I am just tired of this florocab thing, it just doesn't seem worth it to me. If your not losing fish, your losing lures. I have heard that berkely Vannish wasn't worth the box it was put in. I think I will give Seaguar a try, I read a little about them. I heard they were the first to come out with the floro , so I am assuming with they experience they have with it they'll be in a better position to improve their product. You might say " well don't listen to what others are saying, try it ( halo, vannish, etc) for yourself". Well, I try get as much input as I can before put my money on the table. Thanks guys.
Old 05-27-07, 09:52 AM   #13
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by usngsm2 View Post
Just in s/b alone he's probably looking at five bucks a piece.
more like 3 at $8 and 2 at $17-ouch!!
at least the cranks floated.

nuff said

zooker
Old 05-27-07, 12:56 PM   #14
Sapper364
BassFishin.Com Member

I've had breaking issues with floro. Was told be very careful when tying your knot. any cross overs may cut the line and plenty of "slobber" when you cinch the knot tight.
Old 05-28-07, 08:37 AM   #15
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I have tried just about all of the Fluorocarbon lines out there and Stren Fluoro was my favorite by far. Of course they don't make it now. I've tried Vanish and don't like it (breaks too easy). I've tried Seagar Invisex and it's decent. XPS is pretty good stuff from what I've seen so far and is the closest to the Stren I use to use. I also tie a knot that you won't find in a book anywhere. As far as I'm concerned it's the strongest knot out there and has been proven.

Eric
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.