Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-08, 05:19 PM   #1
kingfish
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Big news up north!!!!

The new Bass Pro Shop just opened! BB and I are going to check it out tonight. We'll have to keep a tight rein on the bait monkey since BB got attacked everywhere we went down at Guntersville. I'm sure he will report back later tonight on our first (of many visits to bps). Now we have the best of both worlds Cabelas 20mi to the north, BPS 20mi to the south. Now all we need is a bass lake like Guntersville. Life is Good!!! Gotta go, I feel the presence of the bait monkey!
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 05:29 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome to my world, Kingfish. I've got Academy Sports one mile down the road, a Mean Mallard (locally owned outdoors store) one mile the other way, and a BPS about 15 miles down the interstate.
No wonder I'm broke.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 06:59 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

looks like the bait monkey is gonna be up north for a while catching up on some of you guys so my wife can sleep well for a while.
Old 06-19-08, 09:53 PM   #4
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Now, that's clever, C-rig

-Pig
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 11:20 PM   #5
Fishnngolfn

There is a BPS scheduled to open around Christmas this year that is only five miles from my work. Long lunch breaks are going to become very common.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-08, 10:23 AM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Well, the baitmonke tried his best,but I was able to keep him at bay for a while. It helped that i left him sitting in a Zitro Z-9 for a while while we went and looked at some tackle. Unfortunate;ly, he was back by the time we reached the expensive stuff (rods and reels). I managed to keep it under the $50 I made working in the yard this week. And I was made cause I got $6 back in change and that;s enough to buy a lure or two.

My dad, as usualy, didn't have the baitmonke on him at all. I must be an easy target.... Well I am an easy target for that dang monkey. All in all not a bad night.

They've got way more fishing stuff than Cabela's (Duh...) and it's WAY WAY better organized (more Duh...) We won't be going ot cabela's very often any more.

BB
Old 06-20-08, 10:29 AM   #7
Fishnngolfn

I wish there was a Cabelas near me. I get those special coupons with my Discover Reward points. I can get a trolling motor from Cabelas for around 20% off using my Reward points. Then I give it right back with shipping. Uggggh.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-08, 10:49 AM   #8
Jim80

at least you guys got places to go i got a cabellas on the other side of the state from
me bout a three hour drive and the closest bps is 7 hours away not that i won't make
the trip but it's a haul and the monkey isn't good company on the car ride out
Old 06-20-08, 10:54 AM   #9
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

You tend to spend a lot more when the stores are that far away from you. we used to have a 2hour drive to BPS detroit, and we'd never leave there with less than $200 worth of gear. I guess the long drive justifies spending that amount of money. Now that we have a BPS 30minutes away, My dad can say, "we'll get that next time, we're not that far"

BB
Old 06-20-08, 11:45 AM   #10
rrw4258

About that whole monkey thing... as a teen, and driving to the lakes, i ask myself when i hold a lure, it's either this or gas??? Gas usually wins...

Ryan
Old 06-20-08, 11:49 AM   #11
Jim80

i do tend to order a bit of stuff online but nothing tops being able to hold and touch
it before you buy it . and the gas thing does tend to way in on more decisions than it
used to but thats how it is .

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.