Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-05, 12:30 PM   #1

Default Middle TN Reports

Old Hickory 6-6-05

Be honest now! Have you ever called in sick to work so you could go fishing? Everyone that has raise your hands......Well I fished with a gentleman that wants to remain anonymous because of that very thing. So your eyes aren't deceiving you, the picture on the left really is distorted. Or maybe it's the Diet Pepsi you've been drinking. Whatever the case Old Hickory gave up over 20 largemouth today with 50% of the fish being good solid keepers like the one &*%$# is holding. We caught fish today on Case Sinking Salty Shad soft plastic jerk baits-4 Inch Zoom June Bug Dead Ringer worms (soaked in JJ's Magic) www.jjsmagic.com and the Luhr-Jensen 1/8th ounce Speed Trap. www.luhrjensen.com Several of the fish were caught on a isolated flat that is surrounded by deep water on 3 sides. The fish were scattered across the flat chasing shad. When you got the bait near them it was a done deal. After the flat bite died we caught several good fish working deeper bank areas in several creeks with the four inch worm. If my memory is correct we caught fish in 6 of the 9 areas we fished today......If a guide calls in sick to work what does he get to do? Rick McFerrin Tennessee Bass Guides.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Center Hill Saturday 6-4-05

Saturday night Becca and I fished Center Hill for a few hours. The lake was full of debris and we tried to run as carefully as possible. We stayed over at the cabins at Silgo and looked forward to fishing for the Spots Sunday morning. Our day started at 7 am concentrating on the steep drops with live night crawlers. The bite was very light and we missed several fish but caught some good blue gill and fat Spots. We fished Hurricane Creek mid morning with night crawler harnesses and found some Walleye hanging in the 15 to 20 foot range around humps. On our first pass on a main lake point Austin that he was hung handed the rod to Becca and she fought in a 20 inch Walleye. We caught several 14 inch fish on repeated passes. Look for Spots in 8 to 10 feet of water in rock gravel transition areas. Walleye on humps and points in the mouths of major creeks in 20 feet of water. I like being back in a boat but don't intend to give up the streams which are my passion. Mike Dial Guide Tennessee Bass Guides.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 6-4-05 Family Fun

Saturday was a family fun fishing day at the McFerrin house. The day started out with Daniel-Rick Jr. and my daughter in law Mandy heading to Tim's Ford for a half day trip. We arrived at daylight and after a couple of slow hours we decided to troll fore what ever would hit...So I rigged them up-drove the boat and netted the fish....We marked several fish on a couple points and proceeded to work them back and forth and it wasn't long before Mandy boated the Walleye that she is holding in the picture on the left...as you can see by her smile she enjoyed the battle.....a couple more passes and the points yielded some hybrid as well. Back to the house and down to the pond Daniel-Rick Jr. and Mandy was still in the fishing mood. The trio caught and released several bass and bluegill. The bass that Daniel is holding is the largest that he caught that afternoon. I can't think of anything more fun than fishing with the ones you love. The fish don't have to be huge....and they don't always have to be one specific species caught one particular way....to me it's just the being together that counts...take time to take your family fishing....you will be glad you did....Rick McFerrin Tennessee Bass Guides.com

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.