Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-06, 08:52 PM   #1
BAD MF J
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to BAD MF J
Default Fishing Toho In Oct

Hey All, Im New To The Site And I Was Wondering If Any One Had Any Good Spots To Fish In Lake Toho.im Heading Up There In Oct For A Club Tourny. Our Club Is The Renegades In Broward County. I Have Not Had The Pleasure Of Fishing Toho Yet,so Im Pretty Much Going Up There Blind. Thanks In Advance For Any Info.
BAD MF J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 11:04 PM   #2
BassQualifier
BassFishin.Com Member

I have actually fished Toho a couple times with a professional guide, however I do not remember the exact spots nor their names, so I can't help in that area. But I do remember fishing much shallower than I expected for a florida lake in the heat of summer. We were fishing the hyacinths in about 3 feet of water tossing texas-rigged zipper worms. My mistake was bringing my own tackle and not being prepared for fishing HEAVY.

Load your reels up with 20+ lb mono or braid and look to be flippin and pitchin most of the day. Get out early and avoid the mid-day heat.
BassQualifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 11:11 PM   #3
tournyfisher508
BassFishin.Com Member

You're in luck, a pro friend of mine guides out on the lake and knows the lake very very well. So whenever your tourny comes close just remind me and he won't have any problem going to pre-fish w/ ya only if I get to go though.. haha
tournyfisher508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 12:08 AM   #4
flamez
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

lmao kc always a condition :P
Old 06-13-06, 12:09 AM   #5
flamez

watch out now if you break your rod around this kid he"ll say he knows a guy that can fix it 6 months later he"ll tell you that the guy had a stroke and forgot where he put it xD!

(watch as he cleverly replys that i broke it on his back)
Old 06-13-06, 12:43 AM   #6
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

its a big lake system. Might want to look at a map and see where you tourney launches from and pinpoint the good looking spots from the topography and go that route.
Old 06-13-06, 05:27 PM   #7
flfireman

They make a very good map of Toho, from what Ive heard it's accurate for elevation and so forth. Go for the hyacinths and dont worry about shallow water. They are hitting in as little as 2 feet.
Old 06-13-06, 05:48 PM   #8
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Shallow water is 90% of what Florida fishing is about rotfl.

Lizards
Old 06-13-06, 05:56 PM   #9
HulaPopr

Fish the canal b/w toho and cypress, lots of big fish to be caught out of it when there is little traffic on the lake, plus its less pressured b/c most people just pass by it and don't actually stop to fish it. If its cloudy and windy, spinnerbaits are killer in there, I've had success w/ a double-willow chartreuse model. Good luck.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 08:32 PM   #10
flamez

hyacinths are by far my favorite cover but east lake toho doesnt seem to get much i might see like a small plant amongst the bullrush or kissimmee grass but other then that east is empty =(
Old 06-14-06, 01:48 AM   #11
tournyfisher508
BassFishin.Com Member

dont listen to them flame boy and hula dont know what they are talkin about. lol first off lets look at the basics. this tourny is goin to be in october. so u got to trhough in cold fronts and wat the weather is goin to be like. second and probably an even bigger factor we already have a hurricane hitting florida so the chances in a few more commin our way is probably goin to be good so there is a good probabillity that there is goin to be a change in the cover. so all your best information for your tourny is goin to have to wait until conditions for the tourny can be better predicted cause toho is renound for changing. not as bad as harris but it can be a touph lake to fish if u make a bad desicion. done it before so i can attest to that. no im steppin off the soap box lol
Old 06-14-06, 10:20 PM   #12
flamez

bs tourny then where in the hell is Okeechobee stick!!! I WANT HER BACK!!
Old 06-14-06, 10:58 PM   #13
tournyfisher508
BassFishin.Com Member

the hurricans took her remember u broke her right before charley

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.