Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-09, 11:03 PM   #1
B-I-G
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default What to start out with tomorrow

Okay well I'm hitting the local lake tomorrow around maybe 6:30 AM or so... maybe I can beg my dad to drop me off a little earlier and I'm going to be out all day just about. Here's what the conditions are:

We had a cold front run through here and it left us about Wednesday/Thursday and we had about 50 degree weather all week. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the upper 80s... so it is a BIG jump. Anyways, I'm starting off on the shallow side of the lake... It is a shallow area with lots of weeds and it's more of a calm area to fish. Now, it's supposed to be around 54 or 55 degrees when I'm getting out there with 2-3 mph winds, so the water should be glassy . Theres a 0% change of rain until about 1 PM...

There's only one problem... I don't know what lure to start with. On Thursday, I caught three bass on a Rapala DT-6 and three on a spinnerbait.... My last trip I caught about 4 on a crankbait... However, most of them were later in the day. I am thinking about starting with topwater, but the only problem is... idk if there is enough lily pads yet or surface algae to run my frog through.... BTW, on thursday it was about 50 degrees all day and there was 10-20mph winds...

My three choices to start off is:
A crankbait
A spinnerbait
A topwater frog

What do you guys think?
B-I-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-09, 11:10 PM   #2
MarcBorger
BassFishin.Com Member

Shallow crank or split-shot rigged 4" senko. Later in the day I would expect more shallow activity but early they will probably still be in 10-15 feet of water. These next two weeks will see the start of the spawn but it has not started yet. Don't worry about topwater until the water hits 65 degrees.
MarcBorger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-09, 11:30 PM   #3
B-I-G
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Alright but the water may be warming up a lot tomorrow.... A week or two ago I was out fishing... It was about 60-70 degrees outside... I decided oh what the heck I'm going to throw a frog out onto this algae for old times sake.... And I got 4 or 5 hits... but none of them took the lure...
But that sounds good... I'll probably use my Rapala or Bandit.... Marc where do you usually fish in MD?
B-I-G is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.