Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-11, 12:57 AM   #26
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I'm reading these remarks and I keep thinking about a post I read a while back about someone catching a bass on a white shoestring, haha. No, you don't need the expensive baits to catch bass, but like some have already said, one reason for buying them is the consistency and quality of those baits. But not all expensive baits are the same. I have a few lucky craft lures, mainly because I recieved then as Christmas gifts or bought them with a gift card. Do I like them? YES I DO! But I've caught just as many bass on my cheeper cranks.
lmao! I remember that thread too keith. I've caught bream on dandy lions when I ran out of worms too. But those ain't bass, haha.
Old 07-12-11, 08:49 AM   #27
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I couldn't catch any on a shoestring there, but oddly enough, I got some fish of a white Zoom Trick Worm fished on a shaky head, lol.

My experience with topwater walk-the-dog type baits shows that the higher dollar baits are easier to walk for me. I've used Zara Spooks, Rapala Skitter Walks, etc. I've found that the XCalibur Jimmy walks much better and easier, and my new LC Gunfish walks great too.

BB
Old 07-12-11, 12:47 PM   #28
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

At the end of the day Saturday I caught fish on a variety of crankbaits and no single one outfished the others. Biggest was caught on a bluegill looking color scheme. Sexy Shad seemed to be the color of the day otherwise.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 06:14 PM   #29
bamabassman

glad to hear that fred. now next time.........post up some pics pal. hahaha, i can;t get out there for a bit, but would love to see some pics.
Old 07-12-11, 06:33 PM   #30
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Back when I was a kid, in the days of wooden boats and iron men lol, we used to take a real long ( 12 to 15ft) cane pole, tie on maybe 18" of line with a large hook and a piece of tin foil, go out at night and thrash the water back and forth with it. Caught a good number of bass with that setup. We called it dibbling. I would suspect that is the forerunner of the buzz bait. Expensive baits are cool. Look how many of us they catch now.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 07:36 PM   #31
Scott the fishman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i only bought 2 10$ lures. I had them for 2 years never caught a thing on them but i have berkely power worms for 4 $ u get like 10 and those things pull bass out left and right

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.