Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-09, 07:15 PM   #1
ky southern

Default spinning reel-setup

im not much of a spinning reel guy but i have one for my wife to use it is a bionic blade with a quantum array reel.i need something to smallmouth live bait fish with and may be some 4 inch finesse worms.my rod is new but the quantum is junk,what reel should i get.im looking at the president but are there better reels for the same or less money.i dont want to spend a load on a reel that mainly stays in locker.
Old 01-20-09, 07:18 PM   #2
TheDupDuo
BassFishin.Com Member

I don't know about too many other options but I use the president to fish for smallies when I go wading in the river and love it. Its never given my a single issue for the year ive used it.
TheDupDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-09, 07:37 PM   #3
IS300n8
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to IS300n8

I love my president, i have actually been thinking about buying another.. my issue now is that i got the supreme last summer and now im in love with that, lol.. check your dicks sporting goods mines got the supreme on sale for 80 bucks
IS300n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-09, 08:07 PM   #4
BomberLures
BassFishin.Com Member

I have five presidents all on BPS extreme rods and love them. I have had no trouble with them. I also have a supreme on a BPS extreme rod but I prefer the president over the supreme mainly because I cannot get a supreme in a 5.2:1 gear ratio.
BomberLures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-09, 08:19 PM   #5
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have two the the presidents as well and they work great for smallies. I have one 6730 and one 6735. I like the smaller size better.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.